We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Grand Serenis Update

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Grand Serenis Update

Accomadation

Excellent. however beware of some repair works going on. We had to move blocks due to noise

Food Excellent. First class

Waitress Waiter

Very good throughout, except for the larger beach bar. That bar seemed to only focus on ~ prefered cutomers ~

Phones

All phones in both receptions would not accept coins. Receptions could not give coins to guests as they didnt have any !!

Reception encouraged guests to go to ATM and withdraw 20 dollars (a charge) and to boy a phone card. The reception would not change peso or sterling for dollars. Thankfully Alfi the TC rep helped me out.

Sun canopy Eticate on the beach

I witnessed 2 instances where guests, unknown to the guests already using the canopy, simply pulled their beds under the canopy without even asking. I was quite shocked with this invasion of personal space

Great resort

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Grand Serenis Update

Nice of you to post, glad you enjoyed your holiday!

We stayed at GS in 2009 and were very tempted to book again this time. The only things that stopped us were the fact we're taking children this time and the cost. We loved the resort though!

Seattle, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Grand Serenis Update

What building did you prefer? What area was having construction? We are planning to be there in two weeks. We have a 7 year old that loves the beach, snorkeling and of course the pool. Any help is appreciated.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Grand Serenis Update

Thank you for the post Beni D, always nice to hear about a recent experience at GS. My Mom and I went in Nov. 2011 and will be returning with my husband, Mom, Sister, Brother in law and 2 nephews (3 yrs old & 8 mos) November of this year.

It seems there is always some construction going on at this resort, but I guess that is what is required to keep it up to date and nice. When we were there, they were building some pool bridges and replacing some populas.

I would be miffed if someone was to snuggle up next to us under our shade at the beach - without asking....that's strange. Although with a place like GS, there are all types, all cultures.

Going forward, you may want to contact our cell provider prior to departure and ask for international calls to be added to your cell phone for the time you are gone. It costs us about $1usd a minute to call back to the US, but better than dealing with public phones or the costly room phones.

Darbytown, Block 18 / Muuyal, is closest to the main pool. The snorkeling in front of the hotel is EXCELLENT, your 7 yr old is going to have a great time.

Edited: 19 July 2012, 00:51
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Grand Serenis Update

Just back for the GS monday and i never seen any building work we stayed in block 14 but what i would like to say is the elevator did not work for the 2wks we stayed there with my aunt of 72yrs did report to reception offered to move us to block 11 but it was 2dys into holiday and my aunt did want any hassle of packin and unpacking again, also thought elevator would have been sorted with a couple of days. The staff at the hotel are great and very helpful from shuttle boys all the way through, great hotel just lacking a bit of nightly entertainment. Kids club is also great 10am-4.30pm my daughter went a few days over the 2wks and loved it.

5. Re: Just back from Grand Serenis Update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 10:45