We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night temps ?

UK
Level Contributor
986 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Night temps ?

Hi,

Jetting down to the the Palladium for the first time in a few days time. I notice the forecast night temps for Akumal are around 20-22 ? Are these the MAX temps,and/or will it get a lot cooler in the early hours ? Reason I ask is should we pack light sweaters for this time of year,or will it be warm enough to go without,even if we stay out late ? Also,will the pool temps beat the big toe test in late April/May,or does that come later in the year ? :-)

Noodles x

Mentioned in this post
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night temps ?

We found the temps at night really comfortable this time last year, warmer than our summer evenings and did not need long sleeves. The only time we noticed it cooler was when we stayed up til the very early hours down at the beach bar which had the wind blowing through it. Cannot comment on the pool temps as we did not use them apart from the spa pool, which was always warm. Every body is different, as i wear short sleeves all year round. But i think Sarah took a few shrugs/shawls just in case and has packed them this time. See you there, we will be not far off landing this time next week. Will sample the drinks for you to make sure they are OK for consumption!!!

UK
Level Contributor
986 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night temps ?

Hello,

That sounds warm enough for us Neil. Hubby lives in t shirts and shorts anyway. Would be nice to meet up,not sure which Hotel you are in at the Complex but we are Riviera section. Keep a look out for hubby's Union Jack pool lilo,he takes it all over the World...sigh. :-)

Safe journey to you both.

Noodles x

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night temps ?

Will probably see you at the Get together on the Thursday, are you still going on the trip on Saturday?

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,556 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night temps ?

Hi Noodles95 :-)..I usually take one long sleeve, light weight sweater for a one week trip. Sometimes the night breezes off the water give me a bit of a chill...mostly when I've been silly and forgotten to put on sun screen and got a bit burned. :-(

Have a great trip! :-)

UK
Level Contributor
986 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night temps ?

Hi,

Still going on the Trip,it should be fun,we just gotta find our way around first and then get to the meeting.

See you there.

Noodles x

UK
Level Contributor
986 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Night temps ?

Hello,

How sweet,thank you WIBS. x

Noodles x

Edited: 18 April 2012, 00:40
cleveland
Level Contributor
389 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Night temps ?

Hooray for gettogether! Ill try not to show up too drunk lol!

8. Re: Night temps ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:10