We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which complex at the Bahia Principe?

Ontario
Level Contributor
313 posts
Which complex at the Bahia Principe?

I am heading down there in the summer. Which of the 3 resort complexes would you choose? Tulum, Akumal, Coba. I have stayed at Akumal and Tulum before but a few years ago - I imagine there have been changes. We enjoy a nice, big clean room, good view, proximity to beach and bars and a lobby bar with a nice ambience. We also like to book the Golden Club. Also can you still enjoy the buffets at all three hotels? What about a la carte's - is there a restriction on those? The nightly theatre shows are not important nor are children's activities, in fact we would prefer a quiet pool if there was one.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
633 posts
1 review
1. Re: Which complex at the Bahia Principe?

If you want a quiet pool I would suggest booking the Diamond Club in Tulum. It is the only place in the resort where there's a pool specifically for certain guests. There are some junior suites available in Tulum. Coba is all junior suites, but not on the beach - it's situated behind the Akumal section.

The restaurant restrictions are not in effect yet.

Ontario
Level Contributor
313 posts
2. Re: Which complex at the Bahia Principe?

Thanks. Is diamond club booked through certain tour operators?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Which complex at the Bahia Principe?

Diamond is booked through Sunquest, at least here in Canada.

4. Re: Which complex at the Bahia Principe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 12:51