We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which complex at the Bahia Principe?

Ontario
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Topic
Which complex at the Bahia Principe?

I am heading down there in the summer. Which of the 3 resort complexes would you choose? Tulum, Akumal, Coba. I have stayed at Akumal and Tulum before but a few years ago - I imagine there have been changes. We enjoy a nice, big clean room, good view, proximity to beach and bars and a lobby bar with a nice ambience. We also like to book the Golden Club. Also can you still enjoy the buffets at all three hotels? What about a la carte's - is there a restriction on those? The nightly theatre shows are not important nor are children's activities, in fact we would prefer a quiet pool if there was one.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
633 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which complex at the Bahia Principe?

If you want a quiet pool I would suggest booking the Diamond Club in Tulum. It is the only place in the resort where there's a pool specifically for certain guests. There are some junior suites available in Tulum. Coba is all junior suites, but not on the beach - it's situated behind the Akumal section.

The restaurant restrictions are not in effect yet.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Ontario
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which complex at the Bahia Principe?

Thanks. Is diamond club booked through certain tour operators?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which complex at the Bahia Principe?

Diamond is booked through Sunquest, at least here in Canada.

4. Re: Which complex at the Bahia Principe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 12:51