We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Akumal: Are preferred ocean view vs. ocean view room

Maine
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Secrets Akumal: Are preferred ocean view vs. ocean view room

Hi all,

My wife and I are thinking of booking a trip to Secrets Akumal.

We're debating whether to book a regular "Junior Suite Partial Ocean View" room or a

"Preferred Club Ocean View Junior Suite" room. The price difference is $500 dollars for the week so we'd really like to understand how much better the view is. The perks of the preferred club don't seem significant to us (unless we're missing something) so it's mostly coming down to the difference in view for us.

I've looked around online and, from the photos I've seen, the regular ocean view rooms don't seem to have much of an ocean view at all. It seems like you can catch glimpses of the ocean off in the distance between trees but that's about it. To my surprise, the preferred club ocean view rooms I've seen pictures of have only slightly better views - still more trees than ocean.

I'm curious to get the thoughts of others who have been at this resort. If you were in either of these room categories, how was the view of the ocean? Pictures would be awesome!

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Maine
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Secrets Akumal: Are preferred ocean view vs. ocean view room

Anyone have thoughts?

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
508 posts
2. Re: Secrets Akumal: Are preferred ocean view vs. ocean view room

We stayed in an ocean view room and it was a peek of the ocean in the distance. I knew that going in so we were fine with it. The room was really nice and the view was really pretty but not much ocean in the view. We really liked our stay.

Reply to: Secrets Akumal: Are preferred ocean view vs. ocean view room
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted