We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness

Hi. I'm looking for a link to info on the new ABR where I can look at the accommodations available, prices and availability. If I google it the only link I get is a slideshow and nothing else. I'm interested in only the hotel, not a package deal. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

11 replies to this topic
Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
25,554 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness

Hmmm, I just went to their website and see exactly what you mean. It would appear that you can't book directly with them (which I know seems odd).

If you don't want to package this (i.e. include airfare and ground transfers), you can try looking for them on a package company's website but select "hotel" or "hotel only". I just checked Sell Off Vacations website and you can definitely do this there (and they have ABBWR listed) and Expedia too.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
184 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness

I use my TA when staying here but you can also check package prices for any week at tripcentral.com. Just make sure you put in your filters for length of stay and departure city. It will give you all the options available and prices. As far as the resort itself, trip advisor is a wealth of information. ABBWR is a popular resort here.

Edited: 06 August 2018, 19:58
Level Contributor
66 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness

We looked for our trip in November and not only were our dates sold out so were the weeks before and after which I thought was weird for off season times. Either they are super popular and fully booked or there is something weird going on with the booking sites.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness

You can book through tripadvisor's partners, search fares and see prices from different outlets. The Tripadvisor partner provided the best rate when I was researching online yesterday, but I haven't called Apple Vacations yet, which we booked our last trip there through during a sale. I would call and see what rate they give you- we booked through them last time during a sale and it was a great deal and included transfers to resort. We booked our own flights using miles, apple vacations can still book hotel and transfers only for you. I was looking at dates for next summer...they are popular. Like us people go, fall in love with the resort, and want to come back.

Vermont
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness

Apple is no longer offering ABBWR.

Expedia does.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness

Thank you to all who responded. We've been to the old ABR a couple of times and they used to have a website you could access. I have email addresses for the place so maybe I'll try contacting them, give them the info for what we want and see from there. Thanks all.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
45,356 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness

the top question for ABBWR still is valid

ABBWR relies on its Facebook page and takes bookings using travel agents only

As you are from Canada , Air Canada is offering the best deals, followed by Sunwing

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
45,356 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness

PS: To the other posters: Apple Vacations is excellent for US customers - not for Canada

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness

"As you are from Canada , Air Canada is offering the best deals, followed by Sunwing"

I got my best deal from Air Transat. And it's a way more comfortable flight than AC Rouge. But I'd recommend try them all and see what you find as the best deal.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
184 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness

It depends on the dates, departure city, and rooms you chose. Air Canada and Air Transat are comparable for the dates I booked for. I preferred the AC flight times. I’ve heard several people complain about AC Rouge, but I’ve used them several times and not had a bad experience; I like Transat too.

Edited: 09 August 2018, 03:25
Reply to: Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted