We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
630 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

Are these two areas close to each other? and what part of PEI are they in? What is the difference?

Thank you

16 replies to this topic
Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

Quest, if you're looking for accommodations close to Basin Head, I would suggest looking in Souris, East Point, Bay Fortune, or if you wanted to drive a little further (40-50 minutes) Cardigan, Montague, Georgetown. Enjoy your stay!

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact our Tourism PEI vacation planners!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
630 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

Thank you. That sounds great because we are leaving from Souris to Magdalen Islands.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

I stayed at a cottage for 5 days inbetween Souris and Basin Head. It was wonderful. See if you can't find something like we did. Our beach was private and was called Robertson's Beach. It was one of the nicest beaches I'd ever been on. Simply beautiful. Everyday we'd watch the ship head of to Magdalen Islands. Have a great time. I hope to return someday soon as the gentle island keeps calling me back.

PS - I stayed in Rusticoville for a couple of nights as well and it was a nice area but I really loved the Souris area best.

Edited: 19 August 2012, 10:49
B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,844 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

I loved seeing all those similar names krp, just wish they had population on the signs. I'm sure many of them would say 10, 15, maybe 25. LOL Rarely could you drive for more than a km or two without seeing another community sign. And you couldn't drive 10 kms without seeing at least one church and cemetery.

Bolton...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

I own a cottage in Anglo Rustico. It's a small village off rte 6 that entails a large church, community center, Inn, School and a museum. One of the best secret beaches is hidden in this area. It's called Barachois Beach. What I love about this area is it is still very quiet, with a great beach but still close to everything if you get bored or like to do stuff.

Souris and that area is beautiful if you don't want to do anything but go to the beach. I did look in this area for a cottage but decided it was too secluded and too far from anything. So it really depends what you are looking for, all areas of the Island are great!!!

The East end of the Island for SURE has best beaches!!!

Edited: 29 December 2012, 22:59
Mentioned in this post
Barachois Inn
Barachois Inn
78 Reviews
Rustico, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,471 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?

Old thread.

This OP completed their travel a few months ago but people are getting notification of new activity in this thread.

Reply to: Difference between North Rustico and Anglo Rustico?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rustico
Recent Conversations