We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation

Nashville, Tennessee
1 post
Save Topic
Vacation

Looking to go to PEI and around the area for summer

vacation do not know where to begin. Live in Nashville, Tn.

Fly to Maine? Help.

Thanks Robin

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Maine
Maine
United States
9 replies to this topic
Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
124 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation

I have traveled to Maine from PEI every year since I was a child. I can tell you some routes etc fi you are renting a car to drive to PEI from either Bangor or Portland.

I can make suggestions but could help more if you mention a bit more about your travel party and your groups interests etc. What kind of accommodation are you interested in? There are lots of options that time of year.

Approx what time in the summer?

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
Bangor
Bangor
Maine
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
21,341 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation

If your destination is PEI, why not fly to Charlottetown? (CYYG) Or, if you also plan to tour Nova Scotia, perhaps Halifax (CYHZ) would be more convenient?

Mentioned in this post
Charlottetown
Charlottetown
Prince Edward Island, Canada
Halifax
Halifax
Halifax Region, Canada
Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
458 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation

Hi Rborn and welcome to the forums.

You can fly in the Charlottetown PEI, perhaps not direct but we do have daily flights connecting through major Canadian cities and one or two U.S. airlines fly in from the U.S. during the summer. If you were thinking of flying in to Maine and renting a car to drive to PEI, you'll have to check with the rental company to make sure you can take the car across the U.S. - Canada border, many do not allow this.

If you're not sure where to begin in your planning, you might want to take a look at the PEI tourism website here http://www.tourismpei.com/index.php3 lots of great ideas and itineraries.

You can also order a brochure if you prefer.

Mentioned in this post
Charlottetown
Charlottetown
Maine
Maine
United States
Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
124 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation

As some others have suggested, you can fly to Charlottetown or to Moncton which is just 2 hours away ( or even Halifax) and drive here or take the ferry to PEI. If there is no special reason to go to Maine I would fly to the MAritimes and rent a car in this area. I expect the flight to Maine + rental may be cheaper than the flight to the Maritimes but it is worth checking.

Mentioned in this post
Charlottetown
Charlottetown
Moncton
Moncton
New Brunswick, Canada
Halifax
Halifax
Halifax Region, Canada
Maine
Maine
United States
Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
978 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation

Air Canada - Nashville to Ch'town via Toronto. I've done this a couple of times really the only option that will take you direct to Ch'town with decent flight schedule

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation

Red point and basin head in the eastern end have the most beautiful beaches...

7. Re: Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2012, 23:32

8. Re: Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 February 2017, 23:05

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
23,976 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vacation

momof2cute - Pentiction is on the other side of the country in British Columbia ... enough with the ads for that resort and realize that not everyone plans to visit BC.

Mentioned in this post
Columbia
Columbia
South Carolina
Reply to: Vacation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rustico
Recent Conversations