We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine prices in bars and restaurants?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
313 posts
75 reviews
Wine prices in bars and restaurants?

What does a bottle of wine cost in bars and restaurants? It 12 years since last in Sunny Beach and just booked for first two weeks in August. I also remember them doing a good sparking wine Bulgarian champagne that was very cheap back then. Many thanks in advance

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
8,167 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Wine prices in bars and restaurants?

A lot of prices will depend on the quality but prices will start from about 10 lev a bottle upwards. You will be able to buy the same wine in the supermarkets a damn site cheaper though.

Burgas, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
915 posts
2. Re: Wine prices in bars and restaurants?

Massive difference in prices in restaurants also a lot less to buy in supermarkets, hard to give a price, but would say it goes from 10lv to 100lv depends on what you want to pay

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
109 reviews
3. Re: Wine prices in bars and restaurants?

We found this year it's often best to ask for litre/half litre by the jug, it's much cheaper and they were all really nice wines. It's never on the menus but they nearly all do this option. We just asked for red, white or rose.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
313 posts
75 reviews
4. Re: Wine prices in bars and restaurants?

That's what we normally do in Greece. How much do u pay for a litre carafe of wine? Also any prices on Bulgarian Champagne can't remember the name but think it's something like Astika but maybe wrong 🤔

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
109 reviews
5. Re: Wine prices in bars and restaurants?

Difficult to know exactly how much because jugs of wine not on the menus or itemised on the bill but our bills are definitely cheaper doing it this way.

A little place in Vlas where we go and just have drinks do a nice rose' half litre for 6 lev. I don't remember seeing the fizzy stuff you mention but we have had proseco for 16 lev a bottle at 2 different places.

We also buy wine to take back to our apartment from wine shops straight from the barrel. They provide plastic containers in various sizes and then just choose which you want and they fill it. Again, really really cheap. Some just a couple of quid. Great value. The one in Vlas is called Dionis I think.

Scotland
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Wine prices in bars and restaurants?

I drink Sophia wine and although it is one of the cheaper ones it hits the spot with me.

In our local restaurant in Kosharitsa a bottle costs 6lev but in Janet supermarket a 1 1/2 litre bottle costs less than 4 lev so over 300% mark up. Probably about same percentage as back home but still cheap and enjoyable. If that is your poison I certainly wouldnt be bothered about a few lev!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
109 reviews
7. Re: Wine prices in bars and restaurants?

Slightly off topic, but now we are sadly back in the uk I have just opened a bottle of m & s white wine called Peach Garden chardonnay 2015 wine of Bulgaria. It's very good and can recommend. after all, we need something to get us though the months until it's time to go back to our favourite place !

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
313 posts
75 reviews
8. Re: Wine prices in bars and restaurants?

Sophia wine that rings a bell. 12 years since we have been to Sunny Beach so had forgotten the name but when I read s5ug post it came flooding back. That was one of the wines we enjoyed! Know what ask for now next year. And at 6 leve a bottle might be asking for it a lot 🍾

ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
216 reviews
9. Re: Wine prices in bars and restaurants?

We had some friends join us for drinks in our favourite bar, the Condor, and one of the ladies asked about Prosecco or some type of sparkling wine.

What was offered, amongst others, was a half bottle of a rose called Bubbles, this seemed to do the trick and I believe it was in the 7-8 Leva price bracket, can't be too sure as by that point I was after enjoying copious large beers with more to come.

Definitely a number of different sparkling wines can be had if you ask.

10. Re: Wine prices in bars and restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2017, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach