We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back today

burnley
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Just back today

Hi we just got back this morning and we had a great holiday,stayed at the Diamond Hotel and while I had heard a few not so good reviews, we had absolutely nothing to complain about the hotel was lovely there are loads of sunbeds,rooms cleaned every day the food was so so but the meals out are so cheap there was 6 of us went and we never got ripped off anywhere in the resort if you just say NO thanks to the people in the streets who try to ask you to go into bars they are so nice about it and tell you to enjoy the rest of your holiday, the people selling cherries and fruit on the street trying to get you to taste them then they follow you up the street and tell you that you need to pay just don`t taste them and they will leave you alone,also the people trying to change money in the street you they offer 2.50 for sterling but we only got approached once and said we were flying home but we already had been pre warmed about this as they rip you off, eating out we went to DJanny`s wow what a place great food there was 6 of us we got 6 large beers which were 1.60levs each

A bottle of wine which was 9levs 2 starters 6 main courses all in all it came to 154 levs condor bar is another great place to eat and so cheap beer in the eating place was 1.50lev but if you just wanted a drink it was 1.20levs we also found a bar call Billy`s steak house 1 lev for beer , that was our local, across the road there is a place called forest hut they do great meals and beer again 1 lev for beer, there are loads of cheap drinking places but also there are places that advertise cocktails happy hour buy 1 get 1 free for 6 levs there great but they also have vodka buy 1 get 1 free but then you also pay for mixer and the beers are more expensive so really you pay just as much ,If any of you go to Billys say hi to Dida and Tina great girls they are, I could go on forever but i`m waffling if any one needs to ask me anything i will do my best to answer , that`s all for now Sunny beach is a beautiful place , Bulgarians are lovely people and very welcoming I cant wait to go back next year and go for longer , exchange rate last night was 243 levs for 100 pound sterling , oh yea also water sports 50 levs for 10 min jet ski,60 for 15mins banana boat 15 levs, right i`ll finish now sorry i went on a bit but i loved it and couldn`t wait to give positive feedback cheers to all who are going you will all have a wonderful time and oh there is still plenty beer left for you , Helen

burnley
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back today

Sorry forgot to mention the weather was scorching only one day of rain for a few hours but even then it was still warm,we all have great tans think it was 35 on one dayrest it was in 30`s, another thing the mossies are rife the little pests got me about 20 times on my legs and i had put mossie spray on but the rest of us got bitten too so be warned !!!

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back today

Hi we came back this morning also stayed at the Bisser Apartments which are next door to The Diamond and would agree with what you have said.

We also went to Djannys and had great food. Steve had the Big Shashlick both times which seemed the most popular dish going out, mixed kebab 1.5 lbs in weight 23 lev's, I would also recommend the homemade sausage slightly spicy.

We also liked Venera Steak House, just before the Royal Beach Mall and the Jupiter Steak House opposite good food and service at both.

We saw beer advertised for less than a Lev at some places.

People were friendly and welcoming a good resort something for everyone.

burnley
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back today

Yea the Djannys is great for meals, it must be people are queing to get in, and yes those skinny sausages are very tasty , not like the sausage here, Glad you also had a great time there was a lot of whinging english people there but hey some people are just born whingers lol,never had no problems never even saw any ladies of the night and we were down on the main strip most nights walking around, seen a few big mercs but just crossed over and kept away,

cheers Helen

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
7,693 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back today

Hi Helen & Chris, Glad to hear you both had a good time.

After reading some of the posts recently I was beginning to think SB this year was a different place to the one I know.

Still I'll find out for myself again in september.

Toonman

burnley
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back today

The Iberostar you talked about Toonman looks amazing , have you seen the new complex at the back of it if not i have got a photo of it , I loved Bulgaria so much there were a few people moaning about being ripped off but none of us found that they were also moaning about how expensive it was but like you said if you stick a little back from the front its not so dear we took 700 pound for 2 of us and i bought loads of clothes and presents for the grandchildren and snuck through a few cigs and a couple of tobacco and was out every night, having meals ,vodkas , cocktails etc and it was plenty enough hubby thought it was brill because he drinks nothing but beer ,have you been to Billys that was a lev for a beer and it was plenty enough we found the finance exchange across from raff bank was better and we got between 241 and 243 the bank was going from 2.37 to 240

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
7,693 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back today

Hi Helen, Do you mean the Via Suite opposite the Iberostar. Very new, think this is 1st season.

I am assuming you mean Billy's Bistro, just beside the Hotel Alba/Kuban. Very good value for money.

As I keep telling people go anywhere near the sea front and you will be paying top dollar for everything, 200yds or so further back and its a third of the price.

Did you go around the Royal Beach shopping mall, what did you think of it?

I've just sat and watched an hours programme on TV regarding Sunny Beach and immediate area. Most people interviewed thoroughly enjoyed it and some have now settled there.

Toonman

burnley
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back today

Hi Toonman ,

I`m not sure of the name of it and it is not finished yet but it looks great , I`ve posted the photo I took of it on here but it wont come on for a day or so,

I didnt get to the shopping mall, unfortunately there was loads to see and sunny beach itself was so busy it was buzzing with people

Billys is the steak house next to the bistro we had a meal in the bistro and it was cheap and nice the next day we had a snack in the steak house and the menu was the same as the bistro but a little cheaper also the beer was but in the bistro they have entertainment which was relaxing.Everyone apart from a couple of people said they had loved it and would go back, remember when i asked if it was all 18-30`s at the Diamond well it was nearly but do you know they were all very well behaved kids they never caused a bit of bother and they were all very friendly and were chatting away by the pool

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back today

Hi Helen, just to say the week you were there they were quiet but the week before the guests in the Diamond Hotel were noisy and especially their last night as it does have an impact on the Bisser Apartments as they are across the street.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back today

Yes, it's Via Suites behind the Iberostar. They haven't yet opened despite having a sign up on their sales office saying that they are guaranteeing 2007! Thought that was quite odd that they even left the sign up! They do look really nice, but I bet they're more expensive than some of the others!

10. Re: Just back today

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 09:55
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach