We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

£100 a day?

Mansfield, England...
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
£100 a day?

I was told that £100 a day would be enough for a family of 4 going self catering. That's all we have budgeted for, but reading some comments I'm a bit worried we are going to struggle.

We won't be spending all day drinking and probably only in the evening with a meal and a few drinks after.

Lunch would most likely be a picnic on the beach most days or a sandwich or something similar in a bar.

Breakfast will probably be in the room, some cereal and toast.

Also won't be doing many excursions. Maybe a trip to khan's tent, water park and a market etc.

Won't be going mad on the shopping either.

68 replies to this topic
Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,110 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: £100 a day?

We have budgeted for the same. Looking at prices of food and drink from some menus I have seen I think that would be adequate.

kent
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: £100 a day?

Last week, I ate at Morris which is one of the popular restaurants and had 1/2 chicken and chips and 4 beers and it came to 24lev, which is approx £11. There are many huts selling big pizza slices etc for lunch, at £1,£1.50 and ice cream vendors selling them for 50p to 75p..I would say food wise you should be able to do it on £100.but the water parks are about £20 a head foor adults and khans tents about £30 a head.....in terms of night time drinking..iglika bar and condor are two bars frequented by brits and they are cheap as chips for frinks(£1 beer,£1.50 vodka and coke)

Mansfield, England...
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: £100 a day?

That's good to know.

Thanks.

Mansfield, England...
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: £100 a day?

Thanks Barb.

So for a few drinks and meal in the evening we should be able to all eat for about £40-50 and we could probably lunch for £10-15. Sounds very reasonable.

Although getting the kids off the beach won't be easy at lunch, so the pizza vendors will come in very handy!

I know khan's tent and the water parks are pretty pricey, but hopefully it should average out at £100 over the holiday.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: £100 a day?

i allow £100 a day for three of us on B&B

I go B&B because first it gives us more hotel choice and I don't want to have to go looking or cooking first thing in the morning

and we don't use the bus taxis only for us

we never spend half

you could spend more or less it depends on how you holiday

imported beers you pay more jet ski on the beach not cheap beach sun beds and sunshades not cheap

clubs some of them are not cheap a piece of art work up to 300lev

but in general for a normal holiday £100 per day is plenty and its cheaper away from the sea front and cheaper again away from the resort

Level Contributor
36 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: £100 a day?

I budget £50 a day for me and the wife pizza slice for lunch out to eat for tea cans round the pool

Mansfield, England...
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: £100 a day?

Thanks guys, feeling better about it now. Some good tips on bars too on here.

Are to allowed to take beers on the beach? Don't mind a couple of cans on the beach!

Level Contributor
404 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: £100 a day?

Hello Dean. Just be aware that if you and your family are intending to spend time on the beach that a sunbed will cost 8lev per head and same for an umbrella.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: £100 a day?

a man used to run out to me with a tray and a cold beer on it the cost was the same as the bar price

I don't see people doing that any more and I don't spend that long on the beach any more

one reason I wont hire a sun bed you need to be there all day to get the value out of it

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: £100 a day?

Me and the mrs went for 1 week B&B, took £550 (£80 per day ish) and ate and drank without worry and came home with change.

This year, going for 2 weeks and taking the 2 kids, and I am taking £1800, so about £130 per day. I imagine this will be MORE than enough.

Reply to: £100 a day?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach