We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We dont know driving.A toddler.Beach or downtown hotels?

Carrboro, North...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
We dont know driving.A toddler.Beach or downtown hotels?

Me and my husband want to go to wilmington for our 5th anniversary. We just moved to US and my husband is learning to drive. But when we go there--is it possible to move around in bus service? We also want to stay near the beach but still want to see all that is to see in Wilmington. MY son is a happy 3 yr old who needs lots of fun things whole day..Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We dont know driving.A toddler.Beach or downtown hotels?

Bus service is available but not extensive http://www.wavetransit.com/ As far as your son, I would think about the children's museum downtown www.playwilmington.org/ or the aquarium out at the beach http://www.ncaquariums.com/fort-fisher

you will need a car to get to the aquarium

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
290 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We dont know driving.A toddler.Beach or downtown hotels?

Stay at the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort. It is a beachfront resort on Wrightsville Beach. They have a playground right on the beach, a indoor pool, and restaurant. Then you can take the bus downtown.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
6 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We dont know driving.A toddler.Beach or downtown hotels?

I grew up in Wilmington, and would highly recommend you all stay at Wrightsville Beach. It is very family friendly, and rates should not be too bad thi time of year. The Holiday Inn Sunspree is a popular destination, and is located right on the beach. Also, your son will love playing on the sand at the beach, even if he can't go in the water. Not that much to see and do in downtown Wilmington. Hope this helps!

Colorado
Level Contributor
59 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We dont know driving.A toddler.Beach or downtown hotels?

We personally love the Downtown Wilmington experience. Make sure to visit it while your in Wilmington.

Some fun things to do while downtown with children are:

Battle Ship North Carolina- You actually walk around the battleship. There are water taxis from downtown that cross the river to the boat.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g49673-d12…

Cape Fear Museum

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g49673-d10…

The Children's Museum

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g49673-d10…

Carriage Tour - with meets downtown on Market St. It's an old carriage/ trailer that tours you around. The horses are beautiful!

Have fun!

5. Re: We dont know driving.A toddler.Beach or downtown hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2012, 10:45