We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip alone with kids to Wilmington

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Trip alone with kids to Wilmington

I will be taking my two young girls alone to Wilmington. Was planning on staying on the riverfront but read some other posts about safety concerns. Should I stay at the beach instead and head to Wilmington during the day? Kure or Carolina beach?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip alone with kids to Wilmington

Wrightsville Beach is a better option IMHO.

http://www.visitwrightsville.com/

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip alone with kids to Wilmington

Carolina and Kure beaches are quiet, laid back and very family oriented. Several quaint shops, restaurants and both feel very safe. Carolina Beach is walk-able. The aquarium is a must see. A visit to Wilmington Cotton Gin shops will be fun during the day, but the evening in Wilmington doesn't seem to offer much to the young family.

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
302 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip alone with kids to Wilmington

Agree with the suggestion to stay closer to the beach. It's not a bad drive into downtown and the riverwalk in the daytime. On Orange St. just about 3 blocks from the river is the Wilmington Children's Museum. If your kids are toddler age to about 8, they would enjoy it. My grandkids (5 and 3) love it and have visited several times.

Wilmington, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip alone with kids to Wilmington

Also you can go to Mayfaire Town Center, $1 movies Tues Wed Thurs AM for the kids, and a great toy store.

Wilmington, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip alone with kids to Wilmington

Oh and the Cape Fear museum has a great Pirate Exhibit, Jungle Rapids is also a nice place to go

6. Re: Trip alone with kids to Wilmington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 00:45