We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loved it, thinking of moving

San Diego...
Level Contributor
94 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Loved it, thinking of moving

My girlfriend and I just took a week vacation in Wilmington and LOVED it there. Moreso than anywhere else we've been. It's so charming, everyone is so nice, the beaches are amazing - not crowded and no jerks on the beach either. I loved the downtown area, the riverfront, the weather, pretty much everything!!

We're from Chicago and generally hate it. On to my question, I am a small online biz owner so I can work from anywhere. But she works as an assistant manager for a health food store here in Chicago and I'm wondering if it will be hard for her to find a similar job there (doesn't have to be in the health food industry). I only ask because on city-data.com it seems it's all doom and gloom over there regarding Wilmington in general and the job market there.

Can anyone who lives there chime in and give me an idea of the jobs there and living there in general? Are there any areas better than others? We'll probably rent for six months there before doing anything further.

Thanks

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
7,753 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loved it, thinking of moving

Can't advise on the job situation although I have read that same doom and gloom on citydata. Just wanted to let you know there is a small health food coop there called Tidal Creek, I believe. She might give them a google and see what she thinks.