We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid Treasure Realty

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Avoid Treasure Realty

We just returned from our week at Topsail, and this was the first year we rented through Treasure Realty and I KNOW it will be our last. The duplex was beautiful, BUT when the sun was setting the BUGS on the deck appeared. These were the bugs, which we in the north call cochroaches. They were taking over the deck. At one point we counted 14. Anything that was left on the deck such as chairs, umbrellas etc. became a vacation home for the bugs. It became quite a scene when we opened the chairs and umbrellas on the beach and the BUGS would run the beach becoming dinner for the gulls. We complained to Treasure Realty early in the week and they did send someone out who did nothing. We had to spend our evenings inside as the BUGS enjoyed our deck. I would think that a complaint such as ours, would have been addressed and corrected ASAP. Another "small" complaint..... included in the price of the rental was linen service. The linens were spotless BUT only one bath, one hand, and one wash cloth were provided per person and one dish cloth and one dish towel. With twelve people the washer and dryer were running quite a bit just to do the towels. A one star hotel would provide more than this. I think Treasure Realty is cutting corners and through this they are losing customers. We've already reserved another house for next year using Cbcoastline Realtors. There are many beautiful rentals on the islnad, and many can be rented through other realtors, so check them out before using Treasure Realty.

93 replies to this topic
Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

Bugs in the South? You've got to be kidding me!

Seriously, it's been a wet, hot, humid August. There are plenty of what locals call waterbugs or palmetto bugs - you call them cockroaches - around. Just be happy that they were outside instead of in. Did you buy any bug spray and try to get rid of them for a while whenever you wanted to go outside?

As for the linen service, it was included. Did you ask when you made your reservation what was included? If you wanted more than was provided, why didn't you just run over to Maxway and buy some cheap $2 towels or bring your own from home?

This all could have been avoided if you'd taken a little initiative.

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
292 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

Was there a beach left at high tide. And yeah, bugs are very common in the south, I would of been thankful they were not inside. What was the name of the condo you rented???

Saint Augustine...
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

I avoid Treasure and tell everyone I know who is considering a vacation to North Caolina to avoid them as well. Better to rent through vrbo.com or craigs list or anyone besides them.

wickly
Level Contributor
65 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

Teh bugs are suppposed to be outside...if they were inside, I could understand your concern.

1 towel per guest is standard with linen rental. You can arrange for daily maid service if you want your towels refreshed. 12 people is a lot to squeeze into most houses and I can understand that if you are doing the housekeeping for 12 people, you will be quite busy with the laundry etc.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

As for the bug spray. Early one evening I used an entire can of "Roach Spray" trying to run them off. That was of no use, they won. As for the linen service, we have been renting for 8 years, and we always recieved at least two bath towels per person. And yes, we did go to Maxway and buy extra towels. As for the beach it was as usual BEAUTIFUL !!!! High tide was not a problem. Back to the roaches....I spoke to two other renters in the Villas by the Sea and they were NOT having the problem with the roaches as we were. I realize the roaches come with heat and moisture, but this was a "Take Over" and was not addressed by the realty.

Saint Augustine...
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

Contact the Attorney General of North Carolina

Rock
2 posts
7. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

I have rented a house along the coast from North Topsail to Kure for the last seven years. I lived in the deep south of Miami, Florida. I know what the "palmetto bug" is all about. I have NEVER had the type of bug problem that this renter is talking about. This kind of invasion is from pure filth, plain and simple. How dare you be so condescending. As for the towels. Perhaps they should have found out. But, come on. For the price of the rental, I always receive at least two bath towels per person. You are obviously a rep for Treasure Realty.

Rock
2 posts
8. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

I have rented a house along the coast from North Topsail to Kure for the last seven years. I lived in the deep south of Miami, Florida. I know what the "palmetto bug" is all about. I have NEVER had the type of bug problem that this renter is talking about. This kind of invasion is from pure filth, plain and simple. How dare you be so condescending. As for the towels. Perhaps they should have found out. But, come on. For the price of the rental, I always receive at least two bath towels per person. You are obviously a rep for Treasure Realty.

New York
1 post
9. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

My husband and I rented a house through Treasure Realty for the first time this year and had no problems with our experience. From booking to check out we had a positive experience.

Granted we brought our own linens so I can't speak to the previous poster's concerns about that.

The only bugs we encountered were in the entryway of the house and I squashed them and cleaned them up...what's the big deal? Bugs are a natural problem in the summer - you'd have to deal with them at home so deal with them at the beach. Life is not perfect - even if you were staying at a four or five star resort there would be issues.

My only "complaint" would be that rentals should come with starter kits of toilet paper, paper towels etc...fortunately we packed a roll of each from home so we were prepared for the first day before we got to the grocery store.

We have already booked our rental through Treasure Realty for next year.

Pittsburgh...
1 post
10. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

I just returned from Topsail Island 2 days ago. There were several problems with our rental including the cockroaches we encountered. We rented a Villa by the sea house. There was some light rain the first night and there were at least 2 doors and 3 windows leaking. Soaked a family members clothing. The dryer didn't work and they would not send anyone out. The hot tub jets in the bathroom would not turn off, we had to call maintenance. As for the bugs, I understand it happens but I agree with the other person, they were overtaking the place. We could even stand outside at night. There were about 40 on the deck at a time. And for the amount of money we paid, I should not have to buy a can of anything and take care of anything myself. I would not suggest renting from them. The beach was awesome though!

Reply to: Avoid Treasure Realty
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations