We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time in Milos + 1 other island?

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How much time in Milos + 1 other island?

Hi there!

I'm trying to figure out how much time I want to spend on Milos. I have about 7 days and I need to return to Athens to fly out. I'd love to do all the "must sees", take a boat around the island, and have time to not feel rushed. I'd also like to have 1 or 2 days on another island, but not sure which one. Probably one that's more or less on the way to/from Pireaus.

On that note, I wonder if taking ferries is the best idea? We'll already be doing a lot of short flights on this trip and I'm afraid to overdo it with planes and airports. I'd rather do a one way short sailing trip, but I haven't found one that will accomplish my goals mentioned above. If ferries are the only way, do you think we can book a few days before? Same with accommodations? I hate planning ahead and this trip is already forcing a lot of advanced planning! We'll be there part of the last week of September through the first week of October.

1 reply
concord nh
Level Contributor
4,301 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time in Milos + 1 other island?

We combined Milos with Sifnos which worked out very well for us. You may want to check out this website for ferry info regarding which islands you can get to via ferry:

https://www.gtp.gr/ferryconnections#

Click on the plus sign and click on Milos and you'll see what ferries are available and where they go.

We combined Sifnos & Milos with 5 days on Sifnos and 4 on Milos . . . worked out very well for us.

A ferry from Piraeus to either Sifnos or Milos will be around 4 hours. There may be Flying Dolphins which are quicker but appear to offer very rough rides and if you get sea sick may not be the most pleasant way to get to a destination.

What may work is a flight from Piraeus to Milos, ferry to Sifnos (or other island) and ferry back to Piraeus

Edited: 04 August 2018, 01:39
Reply to: How much time in Milos + 1 other island?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted