We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in January?

Greater London...
Level Contributor
6 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Driving in January?

Hi all.

I'm visiting to Raleigh/Durham area next January, and I'm considering driving.

I am from Australia and this will be my first time driving overseas. What are the driving conditions like that time of the year? Are the roads easy to navigate? Are there any tips you can give me?

:)

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
7,858 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving in January?

Should be no problem at all. We get very little snow. There's always the possibility, but realistically I think the chances of there being snow in January the same time as your visit is at most 5-10% if that much. Probably more like 1-2%. We do have rain in the winter more frequently, but not a big deal at all.

Roads are okay. Certainly not the worst in the USA, but you can run into some heavy traffic on the Beltline around Raleigh or in I-40 during rush hour. GPS works pretty well for navigation.

I wouldn't worry about it, really.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
6 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving in January?

Thank you for your reply! :)

3. Re: Driving in January?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 15:10