We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jacksonville airport lodging/activities?

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
219 posts
2 reviews
Jacksonville airport lodging/activities?

We are visiting Emerald Isle in June (flying from CA) and meeting family who will be driving down the East Coast and picking us up at the airport. I am thinking of arriving the night before our rental starts so that we don't miss the entire first day of the family vacation traveling, and to give our baby a bit of a breather after an entire day of travel.

We were going to book flights into Jacksonville and wonder if there is anything around the airport in terms of decent lodging and activities since we will be on our own for the night and most of the next day without a car. Alternatively, we could get a taxi from Jacksonville to EI but is that super expensive?

Many thanks for the advice!

3 replies to this topic
Cedar Point, North...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
122 reviews
1. Re: Jacksonville airport lodging/activities?

Sorry nobody has responded. The Jacksonville airport is approximately 20 minutes outside of Jacksonville. There are no Hotels until you get into Jacksonville. I am not sure of the Taxi Rate. If you still plan on this, I would go past Jacksonville and stay the night in Swansboro. There are a few things to do in Swansboro. The downtown is a very quaint town with shops and plenty of places to eat. It is also very close to EI.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
219 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Jacksonville airport lodging/activities?

Thanks for the message! We stayed at Main Suites in Jacksonville since it had a hotel/airport shuttle. Swansboro is a cute little town, though!

Greenville, North...
Level Contributor
271 posts
227 reviews
3. Re: Jacksonville airport lodging/activities?

I know this is late, but I would NEVER take a taxi from Jacksonville to EI. That's going to cost you an arm and a leg.

Reply to: Jacksonville airport lodging/activities?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jacksonville