We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Beach Closest To Jacksonville

New York
Level Contributor
84 posts
24 reviews
Nice Beach Closest To Jacksonville

Hi there, we are going to be in Jacksonville next week visiting relatives. We are hoping to take a trip to a nearby beach and maybe spend a night there, anyone can provide information as which beach is nice, maybe a little activities to do and decent accommodation recommendation too? I read that we'll have to take a ferry to Emerald Isle, if so where do we leave our car? Is it real quiet in North Topsail? Appreciate all the helps we can get. Thanks!

13 replies to this topic
Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
11. Re: Nice Beach Closest To Jacksonville

North Topsail Beach has plenty of public accesses and parking and is a quick trip from Jacksonville.

The waters are not shark infested nor is there an increase in shark sightings. In fact, in Onslow County - where NTB is located - there have only been eight confirmed shark bites from 1935-2010. My son is in the water nearly every day surfing and my grandkids are in the water a few times a week and I don't worry about sharks at all.

Charlottesville
Level Contributor
2 posts
65 reviews
12. Re: Nice Beach Closest To Jacksonville

Thanks conniecat. It should be a fun time with my son while I'm down there. Looks to be about 10-15 mins from Jaxville so it would be a few hours we're down on North TSB.

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
13. Re: Nice Beach Closest To Jacksonville

There are a couple of real nice beach accesses in North Topsail Beach you might want to consider.

After you go over the highrise bridge into NTB turn left after the town hall onto New River Inlet Road. Around a quarter of a mile down the road there will be a beach access that is across from the small town park.

There are bathrooms and showers at both the park and the access. There are grills at the park too in case you want to cook out.

To get to the other access, stay on Hwy 210 for about four miles after you cross the highrise bridge. There is parking on both sides of the road as well as a couple picnic areas and grills on the sound side. There are also bathrooms and showers at that access.

The access on Hwy 210 is usually less crowded than the one on New River Inlet road but the one on New River Inlet Road has the park with tennis courts, playground, volleyball court and more. So it really depends on what matters most to you.

Reply to: Nice Beach Closest To Jacksonville
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jacksonville