We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat in High Point

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Where to eat in High Point

What are the best restaurants in High Point? Breakfast? Ethnic restaurants? Local cuisine?

1 reply
NC
Level Contributor
165 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Where to eat in High Point

I would consider High Point a small town with generally small town options.

For breakfast, I like Tom's Restaurant on Main Stree (between the intersections with State St. and Lexington Ave); Carolina Diner at the intersection of East Chester and Main Street; and Tex & Shirley's in N. High Point at the interection of Wendover and Hwy 68. I've also heard The Claudagh on Parris Ave has a nice brunch but I've never been to it.

Ethnic: There's not much ethnic food in High Point. I don't think there is any place truly good for chinese. Ditto for mexican restaurants. However, there is a good taqueria in the small tienda on S. Main Street across from GTCC (sorry I don't remember the name). There are 2 good places for Thai. Thai Chang Mai is on N. Main Street at the intersection of Parris Ave. Thai Herb is in a strip mall on East Chester. Gianno's is in the same strip mall and it is decent Italian, but certainly doesn't rival any you could find in the NE. I believe the only Indian restaurant is in a N. High Point strip mall on Skeet Club at the interesection with Hwy 68. I think it's called Ceramic Grill. It's okay but we much prefer Saffron in Greensboro.

Local: Do you mean BBQ? People tend to like Keppley's on Main Street or Carter Brothers (2 locations one in N. High Point and one at the intersection of Main St and Parris). I prefer Big Joe's on Fairfield near where it intersects with S. Main.

Nicer restaurants? We tend to go to Greensboro if we want a nice meal. In High Point, J Basul Noble is the best if it is still open. Otherwise, I've heard people like Blue Water but I have no idea how to explain where it is other than off main street not too far from Long Horn. The Claudagh is pretty good and Austin's Grill seems to be popular (though I don't consider it terribly upscale). There's a Chop House on hwy 68. I'm not sure it it's location is considered High Point or Greensboro

Reply to: Where to eat in High Point
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted