We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charlotte, NC airport layover times

ni
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Charlotte, NC airport layover times

Hi

The times for flights I had booked with American Airlines have been changed which means I now have less time to make my connection. I’ll be arriving from Dublin at 13.10. Dublin have pre clearance so I’ll go through immigration there. My flight to Greenville now leaves at 14.23 so that only gives me a connection time of 1hr 13mins. Do you think that’s enough time? Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,925 posts
217 reviews
1. Re: Charlotte, NC airport layover times

Absolutely. We make connections in Charlotte often.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
Level Contributor
664 posts
148 reviews
2. Re: Charlotte, NC airport layover times

Would say yes, it honestly depends how on time everything is. That Dublin pre-screening is fabulous, saves a ton of time.

Charlotte airport is unlike some others, in that you can enter at any terminal and easily move around to any other terminal. My trickiest connections are generally moving from ABC to E gate due to how long it is. Best wishes!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
167 reviews
3. Re: Charlotte, NC airport layover times

The problem is IF your flight lands on time and IF it can taxi quickly, without delay, to your gate. Your Greenville flight will start boarding around 1400. Doors will close no later than 1413. You will most lightly land at a gate in the D terminal wing. I think your Greenville flight will most likely leave from the E terminal wing. Easy to get from D to E, but E is a LONG wing. There are 'people movers'- flat escalators, that can help you speed things up a bit. But you will HAVE to hustle. DO NOT STOP for anything! take care of bathroom visits before landing on your first flight.

If you are late arriving, you could have a problem.

IF you can, try to switch to a slightly later flight to Greenville. Or plan to rent a car and drive- it is only about an hour/hour and a half.

ni
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Charlotte, NC airport layover times

Thanks!!

ni
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Charlotte, NC airport layover times

Thanks everyone for the info, really helpful.

Reply to: Charlotte, NC airport layover times
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted