We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet Rules

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pet Rules

From what I can find it looks like dogs are not allowed on the beach in the summer...is this true and/or how strict are they? I have been coming to CB all my life, but this is the first year we are considering bringing a dog...I think I remember seeing dogs on the beach? He would be on a leash..

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
6,827 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet Rules

I don't know about Carolina Beach in particular, but a lot of beaches have a no dogs during the main day time hours law, but before 6 or 7 or after 6 or 7 it's okay as long as they're leashed.

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
54 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet Rules

Dogs are prohibited in that area during summer, leashed or unleashed. You will find that the dog ordinances just south of there in the Brunswick County beaches to be more lenient. Brunswick County also lacks the open container laws on the beaches that New Hanover County has. It is much more laid back.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet Rules

And remember, hot sand is uncomfortable on paws.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
79 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet Rules

You can take dogs on the beach at Fort Fisher and at the public park on the North end of Carolina Beach. We take ours every summer and usually take them to Fort Fisher in the car every afternoon.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Pet Rules

Thank you!

6. Re: Pet Rules

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2013, 14:47
Get answers to your questions about Carolina Beach