We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tweetsie Railroad Ghost question......little kids?

Southgate, Michigan
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tweetsie Railroad Ghost question......little kids?

My kids 7 and 4 have been asking about the ghost train there since they saw the advertisements in the summer. I was hoing to buy tickets and see the recommended age is 8. My kids like scary ghost hunting type shows on tv. Im trying to figure out just how scary this event really is. Those of you who have been there....are there a lot of little kids there? Or not so many?

Misty

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,192 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tweetsie Railroad Ghost question......little kids?

I found the following 2 websites on the internet. If you read through them, there are several reviews on the Ghost Train. I have never been to this particular event, but Tweetsie is generally geared toward the younger ages.

Ghost Train

Tweetsie Railroad - User review: 5 stars. "I would recommend the Ghost Train festival to everyone." Pros: Great deal for the money, wonderful decorations ... ~ by stephclarice

epinions.com/review/…... - Cached

More results from epinions.com »

Tweetsie Ghost Train Halloween Festival Begins September 29

Story by Celeste von Mangan. For 16 years, witches, ghosts, goblins, vampires and ghouls have flocked to Tweetsie Railroad as autumn nips the air and the Tweetsie Ghost ...

highcountrypress.com/.../…e_ghost_train.htm - Cached

Southgate, Michigan
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tweetsie Railroad Ghost question......little kids?

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. :-)

I think we are going to try it out. Now to find a place to stay for just one night....lol.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,192 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tweetsie Railroad Ghost question......little kids?

You are half way between Boone and Blowing Rock, with two children. I think I would check the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn in Boone and Hampton Inn in Blowing Rock. Chetola Resort may have a room in the hotel section, in Blowing Rock. Azalea Garden Inn in Blowing Rock is nice, if they can accommodate 4 in one room.

4. Re: Tweetsie Railroad Ghost question......little kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 14:54