We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for a day trip

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Parking for a day trip

We are on holiday in the Arousa area and planning to drive to Pontevedra for a day trip. Any suggestions for where to park? We have 2 small kids who will be OK with walking around the city centre but don't want to have to walk too far to get to and from the centre! Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Osuna, Spain
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: Parking for a day trip

Parkopedia may help you

www.parkopedia.es

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
135 posts
84 reviews
2. Re: Parking for a day trip

Hello,

There's plenty of underground car parks in the city. I recommend the one in the Barcelos square which is a little cheaper than the others with more than 900 parking spaces in the city centre. You can also park in the Libertad square (Central Parking), the Gran Vía of Montero Ríos, the España square or the old town (next to the municipal market).

Hope this helps.

Edited: 29 August 2018, 03:53
San Juan
Level Contributor
341 posts
148 reviews
3. Re: Parking for a day trip

We are planning to do the same and I found 2 parking lots or garages close to the center: Central and Cintra. You can find them on Google maps. They seem to be easier to reach than Barcelos, but I will keep that also in mind.

San Juan
Level Contributor
341 posts
148 reviews
4. Re: Parking for a day trip

After looking at Google Street View, I realized that you will be closer to the old town if you park at Plaza Barcelos or Zona Monumental. Both are under ground parkings.

We would have our luggage in the car, would it be safe enough in those garages?

Reply to: Parking for a day trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pontevedra