We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandoval vs. Heath River Wildlife Center

San Diego
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Sandoval vs. Heath River Wildlife Center

Looking to compare the two lodges and experiences. My travel agency has offered to upgrade us to the Heath River Wildlife Center which has the macaw claylicks instead of just staying the four days at Sandoval Lodge.

I'd appreciate any input on the two of them - I've heard positive things about Sandoval but haven't read any reviews on the Heath River Wildlife Center.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
328 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Sandoval vs. Heath River Wildlife Center

I went to the Heath River Wildlife Center and I'm working on a trip report, although I don't have a basis for comparison because I went to Sandoval. The major drawback is that the HRWC is 5 hours from Puerto Maldonado by boat, other than that, we really enjoyed our tour-- saw lots of macaws, some caimans, capybaras, etc.

2. Re: Sandoval vs. Heath River Wildlife Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 02:47
Get answers to your questions about Tambopata National...