We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel

I have booked a privilege room here in May - has anyone stayed in the rooms since they have had the upgrade? Do they have free WIFI in the rooms or is it just in the reception? Does anyone know what the internet connection is like in this part of the island. Was also a little worried about the weather not quite sure what the temperature will be, so many web sites say different things.

Thanks in advance

Helen

x

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,054 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel

Helen I stayed here a few years ago now in a privilege room and TBH the only difference between that and a standard one was that ours had a separate bath and loo and was perhaps slightly bigger. The rooms were in need of a refurb then so I hope they are now looking more prettified!

Loved the place - all rooms are seafacing and look out towards the Northern Isles. Its quiet, few kids though there was a kids club when I was there its more couples orientated. Its only real drawback might be its very isolated, though if you want action there's a bus stop just outside and you can hop on a bus for a 40 minute ride to Grand Baie.

Staff are friendly and professional, nothing is too much trouble. Had no problems with any apsect of my stay.

Internet access you will have to email the hotel, sorry, can't help with that one.

One tip: the best food I've ever had on the island was here in Le Trinquette - beats even the 4/5*s I stayed at by a mile.

Weather wise I would never trust the notoriously inaccurate long range weather sites like Yahoo etc. They are rarely right.

Look at the local met office site for much more accurate info -

metservice.intnet.mu

Plus the following website for average year long norms:

www.world-weather-travellers-guide.com

I think the current scaremongering here is because we have had 2 days heavy rain, (no thunderstorms) not too unusual for the time of year, and very welcome to residents here who have undergone a years water rationing because of drought conditions last year. It hasn't rained as much today as yesterday.

The last time we had rain this bad was I think in December, the norm is the odd short sharp shower at night. Be aware this is still officially cyclone season with hight emps humidity an rainfall, and though we were predicted 8 tropical storms this year we have already passed number 16....Australia has also had a bad cyclone season and other countries are experiencing bad weather....... Unfortunately it can and indeed does rain.

OK tourists who have paid a lot for a great holiday will perhaps see this differently, but remember Mauritius is a tropical island.

I think we will get back to the hot sunny weather we've had this summer with above average temps in the next day or so.

Please don't stress about the weather!

Cheers,

Bronia :-)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,054 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel

Helen I stayed here a few years ago now in a privilege room and TBH the only difference between that and a standard one was that ours had a separate bath and loo and was perhaps slightly bigger. The rooms were in need of a refurb then so I hope they are now looking more prettified!

Loved the place - all rooms are seafacing and look out towards the Northern Isles. Its quiet, few kids though there was a kids club when I was there its more couples orientated. Its only real drawback might be its very isolated, though if you want action there's a bus stop just outside and you can hop on a bus for a 40 minute ride to Grand Baie.

Staff are friendly and professional, nothing is too much trouble. Had no problems with any apsect of my stay.

Internet access you will have to email the hotel, sorry, can't help with that one.

One tip: the best food I've ever had on the island was here in Le Trinquette - beats even the 4/5*s I stayed at by a mile.

Weather wise I would never trust the notoriously innacurate long range weather sites like Yahoo etc. They are rarely right.

Look at the local met office site for much more accurate info -

metservice.intnet.mu

Plus the following website for average year long norms:

www.world-weather-travellers-guide.com

I think the current scaremongering here is because we have had 2 days heavy rain, (no thunderstorms) not too unusual for the time of year, and very welcome to residents here who have undergone a years water rationing because of drought conditions last year.

The last time we had rain this bad was I think in December, the norm is the odd short sharp shower at night. Be aware this is still officially cyclone season with hight emps humidity an rainfall, and though we were predicted 8 tropical storms this year we have already passed number 16....Australia has also had a bad cyclone season and other countries are experiencing bad weather....... Unfortunately it can and indeed does rain.

OK tourists who have paid a lot for a great holiday will perhaps see this differently, but remember Mauritius is a tropical island.

I think we will get back to the hot sunny weather we've had this summer with above average temps in the next day or so.

Please don't stress about the weather!

Cheers,

Edit: This posted twice - Mauritius internet playing up tonight, sorry!

Edited: 27 March 2012, 22:12
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel

Wow thanks for the reply Bronia - lots of usefull info :-)

x

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,054 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel

Helen you are here in May and the weather then will be spot on - its one of my favourite months - out of the hot humid and sometimes rainy conditions of summer.

Today is still cloudy but little rain and brighter, though it did rain heavily last night.

Have a great time!

Cheers,

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel

Thanks for the info Bronia, really looking forward to my holidays now.

x

6. Re: Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2013, 14:52
Get answers to your questions about Grand Gaube
Recent Conversations