We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dont fly with Air Mauritius

Paris, France
Level Contributor
14 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Dont fly with Air Mauritius

Hello

I have been flying many times with Air Mauritius before 2008, it was great comfortable fight with great service and open bar.

Last september 2010 we pay much more money to flight with Air Mauritius ; what a disappointment ! seat are hard , they have reduce leg rooms to add more seat row.

There IS NO ROOM is you are a little tall(I am 1.86m), I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS, it was like flying in a cattle float. I had more leg room in charters flight like Flybe

And now nobody want to flight with them as the airplane was less than half full

I have spoke to many person they told me to flight Emirates next time.

To have to think to have a stop over is a pain, but there flight is so good that it worth the stop over in Dubai

I have wrote to Air Mauritius, there answer is : leg room is standard, subscribe to Air Mile package to be able to flight in business

I have left AM until now to find a solution, they don't care !!

Best

Cyril

I have put Air mauritius in copy

Kempton Park, South...
Level Contributor
251 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Dont fly with Air Mauritius

Well said! I support you! That was exactly what happened in the USA on 11/9. All died a horrible death.

Any way, airline food was never meant to fill one to the brim and will never be of 5* calber. That is why airports have restaurants handy. A Transport Minister, the late Hon Minister Hendtrik Schoeman, in South Africa once let out on tv about complaints about food served on SAA, flights: " Do you want to fly or do you want to graze? If you want to graze, keep with the animals in the veld and don't enter an aircraft!"

To me, it don't matter, I just want to get to my destination safely and put the flight behind me.

Edited: 02 March 2012, 15:19
London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Dont fly with Air Mauritius

BA fly direct via Gatwick if you want an alternative to AM direct

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Dont fly with Air Mauritius

I'm on the Saturday flight tomorrow with BA out of London Gatwick so looks like I made a good move...Strange thing is I took this flight only as I collect the BA airmiles, yet it was actually cheaper than AM !!??

Paris, France
Level Contributor
14 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Dont fly with Air Mauritius

Can you measure the distance between the seats on BA ?

AM has a lot of financials problems, Mauritius gov keeps putting money in it !!!

I remember the 1st time we flaw with AM it was GREAT, now it is the cattle float , more expensive than BA and Air France (the only thing that is good with AM is the open bar

chester
Level Contributor
69 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Dont fly with Air Mauritius

Having read all the comments the only airline that gives you what you want is British Airways. Fly the flag, have some comfort and enjoy the ride.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Dont fly with Air Mauritius

Would love to,and get some air miles or ba executive miles, however,air maur is cheaper when we go in september, and to me, it is just a way of getting from a to b, so, am quite happy with air maur

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Dont fly with Air Mauritius

Everyone seems to forget the 1000's of peoples holidays that were ruined by BA Strike action over the last 2 years .... I had to cancel 2 holidays!!! BA will never get my money again!!!!

chester
Level Contributor
69 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Dont fly with Air Mauritius

In reply to your rant about British Airways I can see you would be upset but let us not forget this was not the fault of the airline but the beligerant crew who were too greedy. I will always fly the flag and support our own airline.

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Dont fly with Air Mauritius

..... and your point is?????

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Dont fly with Air Mauritius

strikes etc can hit any airline, however we have always had good service from BA...however to the point, legroom was excellent im 5' 11 and there wasd lots so not touching chair in front..didnt think the extra for the traveler plus was worth the money and we were happy with cattle class.......meal was good and the flight was out of London Gatwick which for us was the best place rather than Heathrow..

seats wide enough for someone like myself (not skinny to say the least) , films were good and aircraft is a 777 so 3 rows of 3 seats..normally only 2 people in a row...

Very happy we chose BA.

Get answers to your questions about Grand Baie