We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of taxi

uk
Level Contributor
78 posts
cost of taxi
Save

Hi all please can someone tell me how much it would cost for a taxi from the airport to Grand Baie. Thankyou trying to work out if better to get taxi or book in with price of holiday Ta x

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
62,956 posts
158 reviews
1,121 helpful votes
1. Re: cost of taxi
Save

Sorry no idea how much it costs at the moment if you were to get a cab from the airport rank as petrol prices just had a big hike, but we usually prebook an airport transfer. We use taxismauritius and are always happy with their service.

http://www.taxismauritius.com

Bronia

uk
Level Contributor
78 posts
2. Re: cost of taxi
Save

Thankyou x

port louis...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3. Re: cost of taxi
Save

The prie of a transfer from Airport to Grand Baie would be aprrox 30 euros

cheers

steven

4. Re: cost of taxi

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
49 reviews
202 helpful votes
5. Re: cost of taxi
Save

I didn't go to Grand Baie but during my visit to Mauritius last month I used TaxisMauritius on two occasions and was very, very pleased with the service. On arriving at the airport I was met by their driver who sped me to my hotel at Flic en Flac at the agreed upon price of €35. I had to change my return trip times twice by email with Mr. Sakhawat who very kindly accomodated me. On returning from an Indian Ocean cruise I noted that the taxis at the cruise terminal wanted €60 to go to the airport but Mr. Sakhawat himself drove me there again for the agreed €35. I highly recommend his services for transfers anywhere on the island.

Edited: 11 years ago
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
24 helpful votes
6. Re: cost of taxi
Save

hi...can u please kindygive me mr.sakhawat's contact details,i'm going next month with my husband and baby.thank you.

Edited: 10 years ago
Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
33 helpful votes
7. Re: cost of taxi
Save

You can also use Etours, they charge 1500 MR (€38) for a one way trip to the airport. If you are lucky you can find a taxi driver who also charges 1500 but the 'standard' price is 1900 MR.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
62,956 posts
158 reviews
1,121 helpful votes
8. Re: cost of taxi
Save

Used etours last trip from airport as we always hire our car from them.

Email

etours@orange.mu

http://www.etours.mu

Bronia :)

9. Re: cost of taxi

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?
Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
236 posts
93 reviews
92 helpful votes
10. Re: cost of taxi
Save

I notice prices are given in euro's,Do you pay in euro's?

Get answers to your questions about Grand Baie
Recent Conversations