We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long is the flight from Mauritius to Seychells?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
44 helpful votes
How long is the flight from Mauritius to Seychells?
Save

My husband and I are will be in Mauritius next May, and would like to also visit Seychelles, since we are coming all the way from SF. Is it a quick flight, and about how much would the flights cost?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
102 posts
16 reviews
23 helpful votes
1. Re: How long is the flight from Mauritius to Seychells?
Save

Hello

The flight takes about two and a half hours. So not quick, but not that long compared with getting there from San Francisco! You might then want to visit more than one of the islands - a flight from Mahe to Praslin takes around 15 minutes.

Try the Air Seychelles website to find out times and prices. I'm not sure if other carriers fly the route as well.

I wouldn't have thought it was worth the journey if you were only thinking of staying a couple of days. The Seychelles are lovely but would take more time to appreciate.

Hope that helps,

Jo

San Francisco
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
44 helpful votes
2. Re: How long is the flight from Mauritius to Seychells?
Save

Thank you for the information. We will definitely give it some thought. Do you think if we spend 4 nights in Seychelles, that will be good?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
102 posts
16 reviews
23 helpful votes
3. Re: How long is the flight from Mauritius to Seychells?
Save

It really depends on what you're looking to do or see, and probably how long you are spending in Mauritius too.

We stayed 6 nights on Praslin and felt that was plenty to see that island, relax and go to La Digue for the day and on a boat trip to some of the smaller islands. We didn't see anything of Mahe. No doubt a lot of people would say that wasn't enough time but it suited us ok (we'd also had a week in Mauritius). It might depend on the flight times.

You could ask on the Seychelles forum, where people have more experience of the islands. I would say that the Seychelles are very different to Mauritius and it is worth seeing both but it would be a shame to try and do too much and not appreciate either, if that makes sense. As I said, it really depends on personal preferences.

Jo

4. Re: How long is the flight from Mauritius to Seychells?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Grand Baie
Recent Conversations