We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Baie for us ???

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
28 helpful votes
Grand Baie for us ???
Save

My husband and l are in our early 60’s but still young at heart! We have always fancied going to Mauritius but don’t know much about it.

We like a nice hotel but nothing luxurious and been tied to, it’s not for us just saying in the hotel all the time. We enjoy a walk out on a evening for a meal/drink. We prefer traditional restaurants/bars rather than ones catering for the tourists.

I wondered if we would get this type of thing in Grand Baie or can anyone recommend anywhere else on the island where it would suit us and indeed is Mauritius for us ?

Any help would be appreciated, wouldn’t want to travel all that way from the UK and expensive to regret it.

Thanks

1 reply
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
28,246 posts
3,169 reviews
2,747 helpful votes
1. Re: Grand Baie for us ???
Save

There are some nice hotels in Grand Baie. Look at Le Mauricia or Veranda Grand Baie. You can easily get to places to eat and drink from there.

The downside is the beach is not so good. I tend to stay in and around Grand Baie, a short bus ride away.

I would go at least HB, so your evening meals are taken care off. You could then go out and about for lunch.

Look at the area of Troux aux Biches, a few miles from Grand Baie. You will find good hotels such as Trou aux Biches, good beach and not be so isolated.

Reply to: Grand Baie for us ???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grand Baie
Recent Conversations
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.