We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation From JFK To Tarrytown Doubletree

San Diego...
6 posts
Transportation From JFK To Tarrytown Doubletree

Good Morning Everyone! We are trying to ascertain if it is more cost effective to rent a car or use a shuttle service of some sort to go round trip from JFK to the Tarrytown Doubletree. Please advise, just as soon as possible if possible.

Many thanks!

Edited: 18 May 2014, 21:32
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,553 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Transportation From JFK To Tarrytown Doubletree

I noticed your other question about staying at the Doubletree without a car. Though there are some places that are walkable, I think you should really have a car to get the most out of staying in that area.

So, renting a car at the airport and driving to Tarrytown would make sense.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
13,688 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Transportation From JFK To Tarrytown Doubletree

There's a Hertz facility right in that hotel, if you don't want to drive until you get there.

San Diego...
6 posts
3. Re: Transportation From JFK To Tarrytown Doubletree

Thank you both so much! I really appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Edited: 20 May 2014, 15:55
Indiana
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
4. Re: Transportation From JFK To Tarrytown Doubletree

I just got back from a short trip to the Rye, NY area and used Greenworld Taxi for transportation. I can't say enough good about this company. I had a lengthy outbound travel delay, causing a change in airports and travel arrangements. The dispatcher at Greenworld, Gill, was nice and so patient during all my trevails, and the drivers both on the way to Rye and back to the airport were nice and professional. I highly recommend their service. They have website: http://www.greenworldtaxi.com/ You can't go wrong with this company. Great people.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
292 reviews
5. Re: Transportation From JFK To Tarrytown Doubletree

Good information. Welcome to the area. Always good to have a car in Westchester

6. Re: Transportation From JFK To Tarrytown Doubletree

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2017, 06:48
Get answers to your questions about Tarrytown