We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC to the Hamptons for a day on the beach

essex
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
NYC to the Hamptons for a day on the beach

Hello All,

We are in New York for a week in August and I would love to take my teenage daughter for a day to the Hamptons, I have looked at the Jitney which has great timings but need to know which stop we should take for the beach..there seems to be Southampton, East Hampton etc... obviously the nearest beach would be great if any kind trip advisors can help it would be much appreciated..

5 replies to this topic
New York City
Level Contributor
6,428 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: NYC to the Hamptons for a day on the beach

Take LIRR to Southamption and then take a Taxi to Main Beach.

Train is always the best mode of transportation

Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: NYC to the Hamptons for a day on the beach

Or www.easthampton.com

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
1,04,427 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: NYC to the Hamptons for a day on the beach

Coopers Beach in Southampton has bathrooms and showers and is a bit closer than East Hampton although they're equally beautiful and East Hampton Village is a prettier village, imo. I'd go to Coopers for the shower.

www.southamptonvillage.org/interest.asp

You can take the Jitney or the train. There's now a free minivan service from the train stations to the beach.

essex
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: NYC to the Hamptons for a day on the beach

Hi there, thank you so much for the advise, would you know where the jitney stops in relation to beach? Would it be a taxi ride or walking distance? Thanks again. Sandra

essex
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: NYC to the Hamptons for a day on the beach

Hi there, thank you so much for the advise, would you know where the jitney stops in relation to beach? Would it be a taxi ride or walking distance? Thanks again. Sandra

Reply to: NYC to the Hamptons for a day on the beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Southampton
More Southampton Topics