We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cooper beach for a day or two

new york city
Level Contributor
182 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
cooper beach for a day or two

need details about cooper beach and hotels nearby that are decent for a two day stay...we are driving up on a weekday..parking permits needed??? or should we take a jitney... really early in the morning.. and a list of great restaurants nearby pls..... just need to get away.... thxn

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cooper beach for a day or two

Details are parking at the beach is $40/day without a resident's permit. There's a snackbar and bathroom. Not sure about showers.

southamptonvillagerealestate.com/Southampton…

The closest place to stay would be the Southampton Inn which is really more like an upscale motel. Mainstay b & b is not far. A Butler's Manor is a very well regarded B & B that's in Southampton too. The Southampton Village Motel is another option.

You're best having a car since these places are not really walkable and imo the very best restaurants are not in Southampton. In Southampton, Sant Ambroeus is considered great but very expensive. Plaza Cafe in the parking lot of the Southampton Inn is very very good. Red Bar is the "hot" place in SH.

florida
Level Contributor
177 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cooper beach for a day or two

are there places to park in the village of Southampton on a weekday? is that walkable to the beach. any casual, reasonable places for lunch or dinner?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cooper beach for a day or two

There is parking in the village but I wouldn't call it walkable to the beach AND they limit the parking I think to 2 hrs. There is a larger car park behind Main st. that may have longer times allowed by it's still about 2 miles to the beach. You can bike it but how will you get beach stuff to the beach? I don't think they rent chairs or umbrellas.

Casual places include La Parmigiana, a family style Italian serving pizza and typical southern Italian. There's also a pizza place next to the movie theater which is closer to the beach called Paul's. Barristers on Main st. and the Drivers Seat on Jobs Lane are some other options. There are also plenty of places that do takeout including the places I just listed. There's a Golden Pear cafe that does sandwiches/salads etc.

You should go to maps.google.com

and map Main st. southampton ny to coopers beach southampton ny and see what I mean about the distance. There's a parking lot behind the movie theater on Hill st. that would be a bit closer to the beach but I'm not sure what the restrictions are there.

florida
Level Contributor
177 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cooper beach for a day or two

thanks so much...heard of a road D where you can park free, 1 mile west of Cooper's beach? is this still an option?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cooper beach for a day or two

I hadn't heard of it but now see you read it here from the people at A Butler's Manor b & b. It appears to be an option still. Understand what they're saying is there's a beach there with free parking but there aren't many spaces so it fills up quickly. No facilities at that beach-no bathroom, food etc. Are you just coming for the day or are you planning to stay? From where are you driving? Info about the various beaches here. Just ignore the wedding info.

southforkweddings.com/hamptons-parks-beaches…

6. Re: cooper beach for a day or two

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2011, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Southampton
More Southampton Topics