We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinion, July the 4th traffic

Level Contributor
32 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Opinion, July the 4th traffic

Hello,

My family and I are going on a roadtrip to Myrtle Beach from Montreal, Quebec and we were going to take one of three routes:

WARNING YOU WILL NEED GOOGLE MAPS.

1)We were going to take highway 15 to the border then take the 87 to all the way to the new york/newark area and then take the 78 towards harrisburg (to avoid the new york I-95 traffic) then switch on to the 81 then the 270 towards washington. We are going to take the I-95 the rest of the way.

My two biggest concerns are the new york, baltimore/washington traffic. We would like to get around that if possble. We do not want to use unecessary time to go too off course.

2) This route is very similar to the first one but there are some slight changes. Instead of taking the 270 to washington, we continue on the 81 till we get to the 64 heading towards richmond. This route is slightly longer than the previous route but we avoid almost all major cities. We then take the I-95 the rest of the way.

3) The third and final route is almost completely different. We take the highway 401 to alexandria bay then we take the 81 all the way to the 270 (to washington) OR the 64 (to richmond)

If u guys have any other sugestions on different alternatives, please comment. This will probably help a lot of people in the New York state/Vermont/Quebec area.

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Vermont
Vermont
United States
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,242 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinion, July the 4th traffic

I don't know if you will get much response posting in the Plattsburgh forum. I think that you should post in the Road Trip forum.

Mentioned in this post
2. Re: Opinion, July the 4th traffic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2016, 22:48