We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is in the Airport

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
What is in the Airport

Taking advantage of the cheap Ogdensburg to Orlando flights in November and want to know what to expect? I assume it is pretty small. Is there anything as far as stores or food?

2 replies to this topic
Ottawa
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: What is in the Airport

Hopefully someone else can add something as I don't have much info for you.

We flew into Ogdensburg last week but only went through the ARRIVALS area and I didn't think of looking at the DEPARTURES area. (I also flew from there with CapeAir about 5 years ago but I don't remember what it had at the time)

The airport is tiny. Although I didn't look, I'd be very surprised if there was a restaurant or a store although I suspect that there are likely vending machines. Before the expansion, there used to be a hangar attached to the airport where the CapeAir Cessna was stored. It appears that now, the departures area is in that hangar area (which was a fair size since the twin engine, 10 seat airplane fit in there) so there's probably enough sitting room for all the passengers (before the expansion, I'm not sure if there was more than a dozen seats in the departures area).

One consideration is that boarding the plane is done by an outside ramp so dress accordingly (i.e. you have to go outside before you board the plane (This used to be done on some flights from YOW before but I'm not sure if it's still done there)).

My suggestion would be to buy food before you arrive (and maybe bring an empty water bottle in case they don't have a vending machine after security).

Best of luck,

Mike

Ottawa
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: What is in the Airport

FYI, I emailed OGS and here's their response:

"There are two vending machines in the Hold Room of OGS (departure area). The one contains a large variety of cold beverages including water, soda, juice, iced tea and coffee, etc. The other vending machine holds snacks such as granola bars, pretzels, potato chips, candy, etc. Both vending machines only accept US currency."

Reply to: What is in the Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ogdensburg