We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DUMP do not stay

ny
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
DUMP do not stay

my husband and i have always trusted name brand chains like the ramada but this dump is no ramada. when i called to book a room in this dump i was told a rest and a lounge were there yes they were there but had been closed for a year. romm was absoletuly the dirtest i have ever seen. hot tub, toilet shower, every thing was horrible. wall paper coming off walls no heat desk clerk met us with winter coat on it was so cold. no view like advertising says. it is not even a ramada inn liek advertised from what we heard afterwards they took that away from them because it is a dump. warning stay away from this dump especially for $130.00

Rowe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
637 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DUMP do not stay

Sorry, but your post is totally unintelligible due to your not naming the exact hotel you're complaining about. You keep saying ramada (sic), but no reader could possibly figure out which Ramada you're talking about.

If I checked into such a hotel and saw the condition of the room that you describe, I would immediately return to the front desk (with all luggage) and ask for a different room. One of us would remain in the lobby with the luggage while the other inspected the new room. If a suitable room could not be found, I would ask for a phone to the central Ramada reservations line or the booking agent I had used. I would be sure to get the name of the person I talked to and explain the situation. I would NOT stay in such a hotel and do everything possible to get the situation documented, so that there would be no disputes later.

The situation you describe is precisely why I carefully research hotels before reserving a stay. I study the reviews here on TravelAdvisor, look at other resources (like my AAA book or "name" guidebooks), and I don't book hotels that have lots of complaints. I also don't book hotels where the room rate is too good to be true or where there are no reviews to check.

Sorry about your experience. It would be helpful if you would post the exact Ramada location about which you are complaining.

Ontario, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DUMP do not stay

I stayed in this hotel on April 16, 2006, and it is, indeed a dump. I booked it through Expedia since it seemed like a good place to stay. My first problem was finding the place since I was looking for a Red Carpet Inn. I passed the seemingly closed Ramada Inn four times without realizing that this was, indeed, the Red Carpet Inn. There are absolutely no exterior signs indicating Red Carpet! The online descriptions are very misleading as most of the items listed either do not exist or are closed / broken! This must have been a nice place at one time (20 years ago?), but now it is a completely run-down former Ramada Inn. The first room I was assigned had a non-functioning heater, but the second room was OK (not good, just OK). One would be far better off staying at the (very nice) Quality Inn for the same money. As for "Dump, do not stay", I agree!

ogdensburg,NY
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: DUMP do not stay

The Ramada Inn is closed now with a new hotel wise owner taking over and putting quite a bit of money into improving it, hopefully it will re-open this Spring- 2007. I live in Ogdensburg originally from NYC and am retired here. As said in other reply check it out and if it's dirty ,and not to your liking don't stay as there are 2 other excellent motels just outside town on Rt.37. But I would give the motel on the rivers a chance, if straightened up it could be an excellent place to stay.

ogdensburg
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: DUMP do not stay

That building is a piece of garbage. The area around it is scary as all hell and people who own it are disgusting for letting it get like that. I have been to the hotel but never stayed there. That building should be leveled to the ground along with everything within a mile from it!...overall disgusting area!!!!! In fact, the only nice part of ogdensburg is the small housing development by the bridge and the other small housing development between the stone fence and the acco plant (that was the nicest one) unlike the rest of that town those people actually keep up their nice houses. Stay at the STONE FENCE IN!!!!!!

san francisco
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: DUMP do not stay

I am from San Francisco but originally from Northern New York and all of you people are complaining about Ogdensburg(h) and its accommodations. Not one of you has said anything about the Remington Art Museum with the largest collection of Frederic Remington Paintings and Sculpture. Also too, Ogdensburg(h) remained in British hands long after the American Revolution was over.

Indeed, Ogdensburg(h) is a very poor area at the moment but this is no reflection upon the people there. I especially disliked the comment of the person from Phoenix who suggested that the traveller call the Ramada 800 number or some such thing. In many instances when travelling on the road we have no recourse but to accept the accommodations that we are given. It just shows how out of touch some of the Sunbelt Faux Financial Glitterati are of the culture in other parts of our Country. Frankly, I would have rather had an interaction with one of the local inhabitants than HER.

ogdensburg, ny
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DUMP do not stay

The hotel (Ramada) has changed hands and the new management has is making a great effort on renovations, attitude, and committment. Ogdensburg is an old city with much heritage and pride so unkind comments hit the people hard. The past hotel is not a reflection of this hardworking, middle class, and proud community. When people do come here they see a magnificient waterfront area and a world class Remington Museum. The people are the charm as they are very giving and seek a high quality of life. I visited the hotel a couple of weeks ago as my family was up for the Seaway Festival Parade (25K see the parade) and they remarked on how much nicer and cleaner the rooms were. So come back and visit Ogdensburg...we'd love to have you and we will leave the light on.....Sam LaMacchia-City Councilor..

canada
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: DUMP do not stay

Leave the light son?? You would have to to keep the cockroaches away.. A dump is a dump!

8. Re: DUMP do not stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Ogdensburg