We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings in Santorini.....

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Weddings in Santorini.....

Hi all,

We are looking at marrying in Santorini in June 2011. We went on holiday in June and loved it. So much so we want to get married out there in the winery and a local taverna that we loved for afterwards. I had wanted to avoid tour operators but i am on a budget and worry about the cost hiking up by using a weddding planner. Now im told you have to be in greece for 7 days prior to the ceremony and that having a wedding planner would help this process.

Even the formal websites offering legal advice cloud matters.

Can anyone shed some light? Would really appreciate it.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Weddings in Santorini.....

Dear Della,

I had my wedding with Anna this March and it was an amazing wedding! All our group had a great time and we all enjoyed it! I highly recommend her.

The wedding went perfect!

Have a nice day

nxxxpop
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Weddings in Santorini.....

Hi,

Me and my husband have just returned from our wedding and we used Anna, and nothing was too much trouble! granted the email responses a little slow, but when your busy you cant reply to anyone instantly, you have to be realisted.

Vicki the photographer and assistant were brilliant, so helpful, friendly and really put us at ease!

We had the romantic memories package and a 6pm wedding at santo wines - now santo wines double booked us and asked us to move the time, which we said no, and vicki managed to get us moved to a diff balcony, and fre wine and nibbles for all our guest - which actually was alot better than where we ahould have got married.

The photos were fab (although i did squint alot - stupid sun!) and everyone back home have comented how wonderful the video was.

I guess you always get one who expects too much, and doesnt ask the questions. If your worried about something you should ask, not make an assumption, and be realistic who seriously carried an umbrella in Santorini!!!!

Brilliant couldnt recomend enough,and will be writting a letter saying so shortly. xx

Nicole

watford
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Weddings in Santorini.....

Hello All,

We just came back from our wedding organised by Anna on 17/09/11. We had the ceremony in Dana Villas and the reception at Pyrgos restaurant. We had a great experience and we loved every single moment of the wedding.

Although we have not met Anna we have seen Vicky before as we visited both the venues before the ceremony in July. If you have a chance to go and see the venues and the organizer before please do so. It is important if you do not want surprises. Just one thing, Dana Villas is in Firostefani and around 200 steps leading you down to the venue. After seeing this I chose a medium-heel wedding shoe and arranged someone to hold my chapel length veil :-)

We were in touch with Anna by email regularly if there was any change to our plans or extras we wanted. The replies to our emails were prompt and very informative.

I have also sent pictures about the flower bouquet and wedding cake I liked and we discussed in July what they can make there. Please allow some flexibility as not all the flowers are available in the island and the style of wedding cakes is slightly different than in the UK (they use cream to cover the cake and not icing). One thing is certain: our cake was delicious!

We have visited Pyrgos in July (Vicky arranged it with the restaurant owner) and had and idea how our seating plan and decoration will be arranged as well as meeting the staff of the restaurant. The day before the wedding we went to decorate the room and set up the audio equipment and of course to practice our first dance. At that time we had our designated waiter as well (Gabriel) and we could talk to him personally about our special arrangements for the lighting and volume of music throughout the evening. We visited the restaurant three times on that day which did not bother the staff, they were exceptionally helpful with all our requests.

At the end everything went according to the plans and we had a great day. Thank you very much for Vicky, Katerina and Anna and the staff at Pyrgos for this!

The last tip: Try to organise your ceremony closer to sunset as it is very hot even at 4pm. This will have a slight affect on your wedding photos as well.

Preston, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Weddings in Santorini.....

When are you getting married ?

Newcastle, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Weddings in Santorini.....

Well I just want to say don't assume the price will be high with a planner. I think all the websites I found for planners show you get a lot for your money and peace of mind to not stress about planning a destination wedding.

We have booked through Anna at www.santoriniweddings.com for our wedding in May 2012 and she has been very helpful so far. I'm an American living in Australia so my situation with legal requirements is a bit complicated. She responds to all my silly e-mails promptly and seems to be helpful with all my requests (I asked for purple or blue roses and she said it was possible!).

I read a recent post that gave her a bad rap and I really don't think that will turn out to be the case because she has been great so far.

16. Re: Weddings in Santorini.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 01:45
Get answers to your questions about Fira
Recent Conversations