We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Requirements : Kenya and Zanzibar from France.

1 post
Save Topic
Visa Requirements : Kenya and Zanzibar from France.

Dear Travellers,

I am a bit confused by all the information I could find on internet, so I want to share my question with you, hopefully I would get a clear answer from you guys and thanks a lot in advance.

Me : French

My wife: Tunisian

We book a flight from Toulouse (France) to Nairobi (Kenya). Round Trip.

go end of Dec 2018, back beg of Jan 2019.

During this stay in Kenya, we want to visit Zanzibar (Tanzania) for few days.

I want to know what is the best way to apply for visa.

Indeed, we can apply for a Kenyan visa online (evisa), but they issue only a SINGLE ENTRY TOURIST VISA.

I called Kenyan Ambassy in Paris, they told me this visa is enough to visit kenya and tanzania in one shot , no need to apply for a tanzanian visa + a re-entry to Kenya visa. ( there should be an agreement within 5 east african coutries of issueing same visa)

However, to make sure, I called the Tanzanian Ambassy in Paris, and they said this is not possible and that I should apply for visas for both countries.

I am a bit lost in all this .. Only Kenyan Visa is needed for both countries, or should I apply for 3 visas ? ( entry Keny, entry Tanz, re-entry Keny)

please help me with your advise and your experience.

Cheers,

Amine

2 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
156 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Requirements : Kenya and Zanzibar from France.

Bonjour Amine. C'est vraiment déroutant.

You need a separate visa for Tanzania, unfortunately. There is an "East African visa" that covers Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda, but it does *not* include Tanzania. You can get the Tanzania visa in advance, or you can get it on arrival at the airport in Tanzania or at the land border. If you get the visa on arrival, it can be very quick, or it could take as much as two hours.

The good news is that your single-entry Kenya visa will actually cover re-entry to Kenya from Tanzania. So you only need one visa for Kenya.

J'espère que ça aide. Bon voyage!

Edited: 07 August 2018, 00:33
Stone Town, Tanzania
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Requirements : Kenya and Zanzibar from France.

Hello Amine

You must have two different visa in these two countries

Every state have own visa.

The only Suprised thing about the kenya migrant that told you to pay Kenya and you can use for both state

Ask them again is that possible to pay in Tanzania and go to kenya in same visa and wait for their answer

Thanks

Rama Zanzibar

Reply to: Visa Requirements : Kenya and Zanzibar from France.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted