We are a family of 3: Parents and 14 years son arriving at Dar es salaam airport at 7am and we will be flying back home at 6am.
It's our first time in Tanzania.
We will be staying for 12 nights and we have lots of questions:
- Is there data sim cards available for tourists? which operator is the best and for how much?
- In order to go to Zanzibar, by air or ferry? how to go from Far es salaam airport to ferry (if we decided to go by ferry)?also is there more than a ferry company and which one is the best?
- We want to stay for few days in stone town but don't know how many days are enough? Is there public transportation?
- Will the 2nd half of August be suitable to enjoy beach and swimming or it will be bit chilli?
- We are in dilemma as we want to enjoy nice clean beach meanwhile at night have access to food and shops, so we don't know where to stay exactly? Will it be possible to stay for example in stone town and move daily by public transportation to North or east to enjoy the beach?
- Any recommendation for a good hotel in town or beach? moderate budget (60$) comfortable and with private bathroom?
- Shall we consider spending few days in dar es salaam? Any recommendations for an area to stay and attractions?