We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats the weather like--May

DE
2 posts
Save Topic
whats the weather like--May

My new husband and i are spending part of our honeymoon at the falls (a family tradition on both sides) in early-mid May What will the weather most likely be like and how can i be dressed appropriately... Im from the south where we will already be in shorts and tank-tops....

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whats the weather like--May

Dellie,

May is a crapshoot. The best thing to do is to look at a long range forcast before you leave. Even then make sure you bring something warm. Sometimes there is still ice in the river in May-it is cold when the breeze blows off the water. Sometimes we are swimming by Mother's day, and sometimes we still haven't put our Mittens away.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whats the weather like--May

id check the forcast before you come. the weather may be hot, may be cold. average highs are around 70. anywhere near the water (niagara river, the falls, lakes erie and ontario) the temperature will be cooler than what the forecast says. even if the forecast calls for warmer weather bring a jacket, the mist is a relief on hot days but can cool down the area at night fast.

Get answers to your questions about Niagara Falls