We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niagara falls from Buffalo airport

Amman, Jordan
1 post
Niagara falls from Buffalo airport

is bus rout 210 is working on APR? if not what is the best way to get to Niagara falls from Buffalo airport

India
Level Contributor
150 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Niagara falls from Buffalo airport

According to the Niagara Tourism and Convention Corporation, bus route 210 has been discontinued (even after May when it is usually operational). You can either take a shuttle or a cab.

West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,005 posts
103 reviews
2. Re: Niagara falls from Buffalo airport

Hi gags9999;

Can you please post a link to where that is posted. I don't recall seeing that information.

Best Regards

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
10,176 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: Niagara falls from Buffalo airport

This is posted on the NFTA site:

Metro will discontinue or modify the folling(sic) routes Effective May 13:

Route 200 North Tonawanda/Wheatfield – Entire route will be discontinued

Route 201 Lockport – Entire route will be discontinued

Route 210 Airport/Niagara Falls Express – Entire route will be discontinued

Route 216 Gowanda/McKinley Mall – Entire route will be discontinued

metro.nfta.com/Routes/ServiceReductions.aspx

Edited: 01 April 2012, 18:59
West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,005 posts
103 reviews
4. Re: Niagara falls from Buffalo airport

Thanks Fallsdude !

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
113 reviews
5. Re: Niagara falls from Buffalo airport

Thanks Gags & Fallsdude for the info. What a shame!!

Wonder whether this has got anything to do with local taxi companies. So now stuck with taxi and get ready to fork out $110 plus tips etc. GRRRR!!!

Now seriously contemplating whether should hire a car for a day for about $60 for a day which would give us more freedom.

Edited: 01 April 2012, 19:50
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: Niagara falls from Buffalo airport

I have been looking at the NFTA site for days, waiting for the schedule on the 210 shuttle bus.

Now I am also in the same position, hire a car, or taxi........not sure about the car hire, I did get my international license the other week, but we drive on the otherside of the road in Australia.

Is there a more cheaper and easier way of getting to the falls

Many thanks

Karen

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Niagara falls from Buffalo airport

have the same problem - goong there in June... The cheapest way seems to me to hire a car for a day..

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Niagara falls from Buffalo airport

UPDATE:

I just arrived from my holidays.

So, i hired a car 55USD + insurance + gas = total 95-100USD. (found "free" parking)

As I paid the insurance, I was allowed to drive to Canada too. :-) From that side is the view really better.

Although it was the first time to use the automatic transmission, I had no problems with the car.

So I can recommend to hire a car - you can go anywhere you want and anytime you want, without limitations from any group, or shuttlebus, or taxi company.

And you dont have to tip the driver ;-)

9. Re: Niagara falls from Buffalo airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Niagara Falls