We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many hours to spend

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
390 posts
22 reviews
How many hours to spend

I am flying from Boston to Buffalo and return on same day on 9 or 10 October

My flight is arriving at 10.54am and return flight is at 4.40pm. Do I have enough time to explore Niagara Falls. There will be 4 hours in between.

If not I need to make alternate arrangement.

I believe there are transports available from Buffalo airport direct to the falls. Please advise.

6 replies to this topic
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: How many hours to spend

I don't know how you figure 4 hours.. best case scenario you are at the falls by 12:30 and would have to leave by 2:30

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
9,556 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: How many hours to spend

I assume you have no luggage; you won't get to NF until about 1145 at the earliest. Then you need to be back at the airport by 3:40 PM. I can see how you think it will be four hours; but if you can't get a cab at NF immediately, if there is traffic (which there will probably be for the 20 mile trip), if you enjoy it so much you forget the time, or you have trouble finding your way to the main entrance, you will miss your flight. I'd try to get in an hour or two earlier. or try to leave 3 hours later.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
390 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: How many hours to spend

Hi Marson and Northof,.

No luggage except hand carry I would love to spend more hours in NF however the flight availability includng my return flight is limited .

Given opportunity I would love to stay at least 4-6 hours to really enjoy the scenery.

Let me check again the earliest flight from Boston and later flight from Buffalo .So i will have more hours.

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
9,556 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: How many hours to spend

But you can still spend 3.5 hours there, just don't miss getting a taxi back to BUF.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
390 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: How many hours to spend

Thank you NorthofDC.

I hope 3.5 hours is sufficient to have glance of NF.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: How many hours to spend

If your goal is to glance and you have no luggage, that would work.

Reply to: How many hours to spend
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Niagara Falls