We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency - Getting into the Country

kent
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Topic
Currency - Getting into the Country

I was going to get my currency when I arrive at the airport in Mauritius as I heard the rate was better there.

Do I need to pay to get into the Country? Will I need to get some Mauritian rupee before I go to pay to get into the Country?

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,147 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency - Getting into the Country

Hi,

No you don't have to pay to get into the country. All taxes etc are already included on your air ticket so you won't need any rupees until you leave the airport. The exchange booths are just before you exit the airport. For details of exchange rate see

www.shibanifinance.com

Have a lovely time in Mauritius,

Bronia :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,901 posts
1,775 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency - Getting into the Country

Nothing to pay to get into Mauritius.

Kempton Park, South...
Level Contributor
251 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency - Getting into the Country

No payment to be made unless you have to pay custom duties but that can be done with either Visa or Master Card.

Best to exchange at the airport before leaving to your hotel.

4. Re: Currency - Getting into the Country

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 14:45
Get answers to your questions about Mahebourg