We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recent cases of Malaria in Bahir Dar?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
135 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any recent cases of Malaria in Bahir Dar?

Hello,

I will be in Bahir Dar for a few days in November before travelling on to Gondar. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take Malaria pills. Will have Mosquito net and strong insect cream with me. What do you advise? Any one know of any cases of Malaria in Bahir Dar in the last few months?

regards,

McD, Dublin, Ireland

5 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recent cases of Malaria in Bahir Dar?

Been born and grow up in that area, I haven't heard any specific cases but I can't imagine there is no recent cases. May be you mean any visitors? November is almost the end of peak seasons.

A good friend of mine left the state mid September and have been staying in BahirDar the house he owned. He told me, He has Mosquito net and some kind of spray. So far so good for him. Last December, my 2 kids, my wife and myself traveled and stayed in BD. They took the Malaria pills. I did not.....We all came back fine. Good luck........

Edited: 31 October 2015, 08:23
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recent cases of Malaria in Bahir Dar?

Personally I would take them. As I did when I was there. If there has been cases of it or even if there's a chance it's not worth the risk in my opinion.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
135 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recent cases of Malaria in Bahir Dar?

Thanks for the advice!

Addis Ababa...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recent cases of Malaria in Bahir Dar?

No more cases of malaria

5. Re: Any recent cases of Malaria in Bahir Dar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2016, 22:47

Reply to: Any recent cases of Malaria in Bahir Dar?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bahir Dar