We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timkat in Bahr Dar?

West Midlands
Level Contributor
130 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Timkat in Bahr Dar?

I am looking at a tour of Ethiopia, supposedly to include seeing the celebrations of Timket. The organisers tell me this will be in Bahr Dar - but I can only find references to celebrations at other locations. Will there be any celebrations here - or would I be better to go with a different company that offers seeing the celebrations in Addis?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
5,340 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timkat in Bahr Dar?

There will be timkat happenings in BD but not as big as in Gondar or Addis..maybe ak them to adjust dates so u can be in G or AA.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
130 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timkat in Bahr Dar?

Many thanks.

3. Re: Timkat in Bahr Dar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2015, 03:26
4. Re: Timkat in Bahr Dar?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2015, 03:26
West Midlands
Level Contributor
130 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timkat in Bahr Dar?

Oh thats great to know! I preferred the company that was at Bahir Dar for timkat but wondered if I would be missing out. Thanks so much for your advise!

Suisse
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Timkat in Bahr Dar?

As said by the other, Timkat is every where as each church is making it's Timkat. Some places are more known as Gondar, AA, Lalibela because of the scenic place where it is.

But it's also full of tourists because of that and extremly expensive.

I've seen it in Bahir Dar differnet time. It works mostly over 2 days and you can also see the Timkat in the small churches around, and it's very very nice.

Bye

7. Re: Timkat in Bahr Dar?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 02 September 2016, 15:48
Get answers to your questions about Bahir Dar