We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with young kids

NH
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay with young kids

I'm so overwhelmed trying to find a place to stay for our family summer vacation in LG. We will have our 2 kids with us 3 and 1. I would like to stay at a place that has a lot to offer for kids on site. I would love a pool and playground and an indoor play/game room is a plus (especially if rains).

Also, what are family friendly activities to do in the area?

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay with young kids

I can appreciate the feeling of being overwhelmed by all the options but in order for folks to help you better on where to stay we will need more information, such as price points,ages of the kids and what does us "3 and 1" mean?

Family friendly activities: boating, swimming, fishing, hiking, amusement parks, water parks, go karts, horseback riding, museums, horse racing and so much more.

Do the kids have any favorite things to do?

Westchester County
Level Contributor
645 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay with young kids

When my kids were little, we stayed at The Mohican,a few times which is closer to the outlets and not on the lake. They have both an indoor and an outdoor pool and many different rooms to choose from -- traditional to efficiencies. They had a playground too. I found that the pool was much easier when the kids were that little then the lake. There are so many options in Lake George. Go on their website to see all the lodging they offer.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,438 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay with young kids

You want to be IN the village so you dont need to drive, in the village your close to many of the activities, restaurants, and thing for the kids to do.

LG is a huge family friendly area where you will have plenty to do as a family or just for the kids alone.

Price does vary, it can get Very expensive depending on days of the week and where you stay, the motels run the gamut from worn and torn to fairly new and remodeled.

One place, Among others, that I would suggest is Marine Village, on the water, in the village and close to all plus many of the amenities your looking for.

http://www.marinevillage.com/

Cornwall, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay with young kids

We love Surfside on the Lake. They have lots of different room types, a great playground right on the beach & a great pool. We usually get a lakeview suite because it has a seperate sleeping area so that we can stay up and watch tv or whatever without disturbing our sleeping daughter. We also like the little kitchen area and the private deck. This year though, we wanted to stay a little longer and will be trying The Quarters. It's not right on Canada St, you have to drive a bit to get into the village, but it is on the lake and you get much more room for the $. They also include a boat slip with your room for no extra charge. They will charge a fee for a crib though.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,438 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay with young kids

" We love Surfside on the Lake "

Some Pictures of our stay at Surfside, the newer rooms are the way to go.

…photobucket.com/albums/…

6. Re: Where to stay with young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2013, 14:51