We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Number of days in Queretaro

Chicago
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Number of days in Queretaro

I am planning a trip to Queretaro (City) and was wondering if 4 days there is too much, not enough or just right to see it? Also, what is the transportation like between the airport and historic center? Thanks!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,508 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Number of days in Queretaro

The amount of time in a place is always a subjective concept - there will always be some who say 5 minutes is too long and others who say 5 years is not enough! However........a lot depends on what you like doing. To see the basic "sights" (churches of Santa Rosa, San Francisco, San Antonio, Cathedral, La Carmen, Guadalupe, regional museum, aqueduct, Las Campanas, convent La Cruz, etc.) will take 2 days. Then a visit to La Cerrito pyramid just outside of town will take half a day and if you venture further you can easily do Bernal and Tequisquiapan in a day trip - or even San Miguel de Allende.

Apart from tourist sights one of the pleasures of Querétaro is simply wandering the streets and enjoying a meal or just a beer at many of the sidewalk restaurants. It is particularly buzzing at weekends when there are all sorts of things going on in the main squares (Plaza de Armas, Corregidora, Constitucion, Jardin Zenea).

A cab from the bus terminal to the Centor is no more than 10 minutes - cost is around 60 pesos at most..

Edited: 22 May 2012, 03:21
Chicago
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
2. Re: Number of days in Queretaro

thanks for the info. There is a reasonable pkg deal with American for 4 nights air/hotel so I was thinking of taking it. DO you know about transportation from the airport to downtown (centro historico)?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,508 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Number of days in Queretaro

Sorry, I read "airport" as bus terminal! There are taxis but I don't know the cost - I would guess around 250-300 pesos. There used to be a Primera Plus bus that would take you to the bus terminal for about 15 pesos but I didn't see it last time I was there so I am not sure of times. But taxis always work.

Where are you staying? It's the first time I have heard of a package to Queretaro so I am mildly curious :)

Chicago
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
4. Re: Number of days in Queretaro

I haven't decided yet, but right now American has pkgs from Chicago to Queretaro for whatever number of days you choose. I was looking at 5 days/4 nights. R/T air and hotel ranges from a low of $491 at the Real de Minas to a high of $665 at the Hacienda Jurica with other places falling inbetween (Rio Queretaro, Dos Patios, Casa de Marquesa). I'm not sure why it is so low cause checking just the airfare from Chicago was $590 r/t.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,508 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Number of days in Queretaro

Wow, those are exceptional prices. Return flights to Dallas cost me 600 USD return let alone Chicago and even 4 nights at the Casa Marquesa (without flights) would cost me much the same! Sounds a bargain.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,181 posts
74 reviews
6. Re: Number of days in Queretaro

Queretaro is my next likely destination in Mexico, and I'd give it about half of a 2- or 3 week trip. That's just me; I like colonial centros.

My guidebook (an old Rough Guide) says there are fixed price taxis (buy a ticket), and also city buses that go to the edge of the centro, a few blocks from the plaza.

7. Re: Number of days in Queretaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 14:12