We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunprime tamala Kotu

Hailsham, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
sunprime tamala Kotu

Can anyone tell me of the progress of the work at the Sunprime Tamala please.

My husband and I are due to say there in December 2018.

441 replies to this topic
Birmingham
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: sunprime tamala Kotu

We are also due in December and are keen to have an update

Level Contributor
552 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: sunprime tamala Kotu

Hi Mariaross, We were in Kotu June 12th and went over to have a look,at that time it was basically still a bare concrete shell.We stood on the beach in front of it and could see straight through so no windows,doors or anything inside the rooms.It looks a very wide hotel from the beach but not too deep.There were an awful lot of men working on it and they were there until dark each day and I think they were sleeping on site as there were quite a few tents on the beach in front of it.Will it be finished well who knows but I do know that I would be very wary of booking a hotel that only had artists impressions in the brochure.Best of luck,we will be at Kombo Beach on November 4th so can give you another update then.

London, United...
Level Contributor
323 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: sunprime tamala Kotu

Here is a cut and paste of my post on the other Sunprime thread . . .

What Thomas Cook tell you and what they do are two VERY different things.

They are backed up by a water-tight legal department, and subsequently get away with sailing very close to the wind.

They have a history of taking deposits for hotels that are not yet built ,or undergoing major refurb work, knowing full well they will not be open in time to honor the bookings.

The T&C's simply state that accom. of a similar or higher rating may be substituted instead if for any operational reason they cannot honor that booking.

This happened to us in Tunisia in the 90's, when we were told a fortnight from departure that there was building work; on arriving, the guys on the beach told us it had been closed for a year and a half, and was still a building site !

Hailsham, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: sunprime tamala Kotu

Thanks so much guess if it's not ready will be put in another hotel. That's alright as long as it's a nice place to be and about the same value. Got so many plans once there. X

England
Level Contributor
6 posts
54 reviews
5. Re: sunprime tamala Kotu

We’ve just booked 10 days at the Sunprime Tamala for 4 of us in mid February 2019, hope that’s far away enough for it to be all up and running! Any progress reports in the meantime will be greatly appreciated!

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
396 reviews
6. Re: sunprime tamala Kotu

Okay, I have been out of touch for a week or two and Gambia "staff" paid off whist in the glorious EU.

So when I get back next week, Is Subprime/Sunprime as we know it that white elephant opposite Luigi or the other thing (Dutch) close to Kunta Kinte at Kotu.

I do not want to waste D200 on a yellow car or a long bike ride for a building site photo.

Level Contributor
552 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: sunprime tamala Kotu

The Sunprime Tamala is up by Kunta Kinte Apartments.The one being built down the beach opposite Luigi's is the African Princess, I thought you would have known this with all your contacts on the ground.

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
396 reviews
8. Re: sunprime tamala Kotu

Ahh, Pauline, we have watched both, but no access to the publicity. A name is in a name, I anticipate both equally bad but maybe better than Palma Rima/Palm Beach but at a more inflated price.... First Guinea Pigs will arrive in November?

Level Contributor
552 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: sunprime tamala Kotu

We were staying in Sunset Beach in June and went to look at both hotels to see how they were coming along.The Sunprime Tamala which is next to the Kunta Kinte Apartments is right on the beach and at the time was basically a concrete shell,but there were an awful lot of men working on it doing very long days and staying on site in the group of tents in front of it on the beach. The African Princess which is down by Luigi's was a lot further in front at the time,two blocks looked from outside to be finished as they had doors and windows and the exterior walls were painted a deep rusty brown colour.The swimming pools looked to be complete and they were doing ground works and planting shrubs in the gardens.There were also a large number of men working on site doing long days.We asked if this one would be finished in time and were told that it would be.Will either be ready and up and running in time well we will have to wait and see.Perhaps you can give us an update Nightowl

Hailsham, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: sunprime tamala Kotu

I would appreciate an update now we are getting to the end of August. I have been in touch with Simon working at Simon Tours in Kotu as I wondered if he had seen anything.

Staying there on a All inclusive basis in December, thought it would be a good base to relax and take on a couple of tours all being well of course.

Reply to: sunprime tamala Kotu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kotu
Recent Conversations