We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Commute with Toddler

Dubai, United Arab...
5 posts
Commute with Toddler

Hi Guys, can anybody suggest how I could travel within La digue with a 2+ toddler. I was told bycycle is the only option to move around ?

6 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
55 reviews
1. Re: Commute with Toddler

Would also like to have an answer to this! Are there child seats available for bikes that you can hire?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
219 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Commute with Toddler

Me three!! Planning a trip next month with an infant and toddler and most curious about how to get by. Planning on spending 4 days in La Digue & I know my infant would NOT be cool with a bike seat so wondering if thats the ONLY way to get around?

Pointe Larue...
Level Contributor
181 posts
75 reviews
3. Re: Commute with Toddler

Also wondering about kids transport! Anyone?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,547 posts
420 reviews
4. Re: Commute with Toddler

There is the alternative of taking a taxi to reach places like Grand Anse or Anse Source d’Argent. But it does not give you too much flexibility, Bikes with child seats give you freedom of traveling around the island.

Miki

west midlands
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
161 reviews
5. Re: Commute with Toddler

La digue is a must do island on anyone,s itinary loved our 4 day stay wished it was longer,

Did see a member of staff with a child seat on her bike

Also we saw a try cycle ?.. with a basket on the back with a child sitting in it,

Suppose it must be mentioned that the island is relaxed and some bikes might be old,and not like the safety aspect that some people expect,

It may be worth emailing your accommodation,to see what assistance they can provide,

Or you may have your own equipment for carrying a child,

La digue is compact,beautiful and easy to get around,

Although no cars a such ,we did see big trucks,few taxi,s delivery trucks etc.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
36 posts
655 reviews
6. Re: Commute with Toddler

You will need to book a taxi. There are very few on the island and they usually take multiple bookings at the same time. So you will need a pre-decided itinerary and the guy will pick you up and drop as per that schedule. I had used Cliff Pirame who is a great guy and has a nice big SUV on the island. The price will be high since there are very few taxis. For a day, I ended up paying around 1000 SCR for ferry pickup to ASDA and then ASDA to Grand Anse and then Grand Anse back to ferry point.

Reply to: Commute with Toddler
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Digue Island