We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timbavati Reserve

Lahaina, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Timbavati Reserve

Is the Timbavati Private Reserve actually in Kruger NP? Are game drives at places such as Kambaku required to stay on the roads?

We were originally planning on staying at Kapama Lodge, but that is not working out for us so we are looking for a very similar property. Any suggestions? Don't need spa, but would like individual accommodations near water for game viewing from the deck.

cape town
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timbavati Reserve

Hi There.

The Timbavati is a fantastic reserve, and the two camps that I would suggest there are Umlani Lodge & Tanda Tula.

I stand to be corrected, but I think they are aloud off the roads in the Timbavati, but I think its only for leopard & lion sightings, as they are trying to preserve as much of the vegetation as possible. The rest of the big 5 can be readily spotted with out going off road.

Hope this helps, sorry only saw this question now.

Wayne

Ocean & Vine Tours.

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timbavati Reserve

Hi there. The Timbavati Private Game Reserve is part of the Greater Kruger National Park - this means that there are no fences between the Timbavati and the original Kruger National Park. Many other private reserves such as the Klaserie, Balule and Sabi Sand also form part of the Greater Kruger National Park. Kapama is not part of the Timbavati and thus also not part of the Greater Kruger.

Off road driving is permitted in the Timbavati when following high profile animals like the big 5, hyena, cheetah and wild dog.

There are many excellent lodges in the Timbavati, such as Kings Camp, Ngala, Simbavati River Lodge and a selection of others. Depending on the level of luxury you are looking for, rates vary considerably.

Ngala Safari Lodge and Tented Camp offer a great pay 3, stay 4 special offer, and Simbavati offers free airport transfers from Hoedspruit Airport on certain reservations, so quite a lot of nice options to consider.

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

3. Re: Timbavati Reserve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 17:45
Get answers to your questions about Timbavati Private...