We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cloudcroft Lodge

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
118 posts
831 reviews
Cloudcroft Lodge

Need some feedback on the Cloudcroft Lodge, please, because emails have gone unanswered, website doesn't function and then when I called and asked for a photo of a king room, I was told they couldn't email a photo because they had no idea where they would get a photo to email.

I was told new owners have been having website issues. Clerk was anxious to take my credit card number, which I didn't give them. Soooo, I'm very skeptical about staying here next month. Is this really a legitimate business with just poor customer service?

6 replies to this topic
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,450 posts
86 reviews
1. Re: Cloudcroft Lodge

As there have, been recent (mixed) reviews ...Click on the bar above ... carracar

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
118 posts
831 reviews
2. Re: Cloudcroft Lodge

Thanks. I've read thru the reviews on TRIP ADVISOR - doesn't convince me this is a place I want to go and spend my money, that's why I was asking for some more direct feedback.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,450 posts
86 reviews
3. Re: Cloudcroft Lodge

I suggest holding off ... until management can assure at least, purchase of new beds ! carracar

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
118 posts
831 reviews
4. Re: Cloudcroft Lodge

Thank you very much.

Royse City, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
5. Re: Cloudcroft Lodge

I had lunch at the restaurant, very Fine dining. And a massage at the spa, you need a reservation. I haven't stayed at the hotel, so I can't advise you on that. The golf course seemed busy, but it's possible this is a locals place. I would definitely wait to get some input on rooms before booking.

Edited: 11 September 2017, 06:47
El Paso, Texas
1 post
6. Re: Cloudcroft Lodge

Had lunch/dinner at the lodge many times. They have always provided a very comfortable atmosphere in the lounge or restaurant. We especially love the coziness during winter. We have never stayed there because we have a home in Mayhill, N.M. and in El Paso, Texas, therefore I can't say anything about rooms. Most people we know who have stayed there were very pleased with the rooms and service. I find the place old/classy with lots of historical character and appeal. We love going up to the tower and see the names of many people who have stayed there to include Judy Garland and Clark Gable. For a long time, it was customary for visitors to scratch their names in the wood paneling in the bell tower. There has been a visitor though who never wrote her name on the wall paneling but she has been a regular at the lodge since the 1930's. Her name is Rebecca and she was a chamber maid who was supposedly murdered by her jealous boyfriend. Today, Rebecca's lounge offers great dining, and a very relaxing lounge where one can enjoy games on large screen TV. Every now and then, Rebecca is known to drop in and check on the lodge just to make sure that everyone is doing okay. _ Pablo Jasso

Reply to: Cloudcroft Lodge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cloudcroft
More Cloudcroft Topics